11.

Alice walked over Sunnyside trailer park with a couple take-out bags in her hand, a smile spread over her face and the sun shining bright. Today was going to be a good day. FP had come home yesterday and she was on her way to surprise him. Ever since they had grown closer she couldn't imagine not talking to him for one day.

Assuming that his trailer door was open, she slowly pushed it and poked her head inside with a beaming grin. 

"Breakfast service." She announced herself as she walked into the room, seeing FP sitting on his couch looking at all the get-well-soon cards in his mail.

"Hey, you." He perked up instantly as he saw her walking in. Not that it had been a long time since he had last seen her, but every time she entered a room he felt a bit better. Now he finally had a rock, someone to keep him afloat. 

"How was your first day back home?" She sat down next to him on the couch and arched her eye-brow curiously.

"I'm glad I'm back. I was going insane there." He chuckled a little and leant back into the couch. The last few weeks she had heard him complain every single day about not being able to leave the hospital. That had only spurred her on further to help him get better as soon as possible.

He could go into detail about everything that had been bothering him in the hospital, no matter how much he appreciated his doctor, but his eyes fell on the paper bag in her hands. 

"You brought Pop's? You're so getting lucky as soon as I am healed." He smiled smugly as she handed him over the take-out bag with a grin. She knew how much he had missed that and nothing beats Pop's grilled cheese sandwiches for breakfast.

As he munched on his well deserved breakfast, Alice looked at him for a bit. For the first time in months he looked so relaxed, so at peace. They could live like this for a long time, and nothing would change between them. A little bubble that was perfectly fine. 

She'd help him recover, they'd spend evenings together as if the world had no more control over them... a little fairytale. Only thing was, the world outside that bubble was so much more appealing to her. She wanted it all, with him. She wanted the real thing. But did he want the same?

"FP?" She broke the silence of FP eating his grilled cheese.

"Hmm?" He hummed absentmindedly, his mouth still full as he reached for the take-out bag to see if she brought something to drink.

"Do we need to talk about... us?" Alice hesitated a little, knowing that this was a hard thing to bring up for the both of them. Not just because of failed relationships in the past and serial killer husbands, but because they had never come so far to actually talk about their feelings. FP froze and slowly putted away his sandwich before fully focussing on what she had just asked.

He had been thinking about their spark too, but he wasn't the one who had found out his husband was a serial killer. She did. And so he knew the ball had to be in her court, before he'd share some of his feelings that would fully overstep considering their situation. He had to be careful, not just for his own sake, but for hers, too.

"Is there an us? I mean, do you want there to be one?" His cheeks flushed slightly as he asked her something that could crush his heart. He putted his sandwich away. The nerves made him lost the appetite. Alice scooted over closer to him as she saw how his hands had started to tremble a little. 

She could beat around the bush and keep up the same line of vague communication they had for months. But why would she? Both of them almost died on the hands of a murderer, which showed her once and for all that tomorrow wasn't granted. There was no time for leaving things unsaid. Not anymore.