13.

The sun was shining through the curtains of his trailer, as they were snuggled up on the couch after having breakfast together. Alice had basically been living there, as she couldn't stand being in her house on Elm Street when it brought so many traumatizing memories with it. Not that FP minded, he loved having her over so much and spending his day with her. It was just another reminder that he was lucky enough to have her in his life.

"FP?" She caught his attention as he had been almost falling asleep.

"Yeah?" He hummed, looking down at the woman who was lying on his chest. She pushed herself up al little so she would be able to look at him.

"I want to see Hal." She suddenly confessed, making his eyes grow wide in surprise.

"You want to visit him?" He asked confused, his worries immediately growing as he thought about her seeing her abusive ex-husband. In the end it was her choice and he'd support that, but she wasn't a fan of her coming eye to eye with the man that tried to kill her.

"I do." She said confidentially. Truth was, she had been thinking about it for weeks. Ever since he had been handcuffed and taken away, she hadn't seen him anymore. Not even in trial. FP had made sure that she didn't have to testify in front of his eyes.

"Are you sure?" FP asked again, pushing himself up a little from the couch so they had to sit straight. His eyebrows were wrinkled no matter how hard he tried not to show his concerns.

"I am. I want to look him into his eyes, one more time. Before the house is sold for good, before that chapter of my life is over." It was just something she had to do for closure, to make sure that she had said everything she wanted to say. She wanted to see him and make sure he knew that he didn't crush her soul. That she had survived. That she had found better.

"Will you go with me?" She could read the look on his face perfectly well, telling her that he was everything but a fan of this plan. But that didn't mean he wouldn't support her.

"If you want me to, I will. You won't have to do that alone." He kissed her temple sweetly, and held her close. If she needed him, he was going to be by her side every step of the way. But if Hal would set one step out of line, he'd make sure to set him right back in his place.

**

Her heels slowly ticked on the concrete as she made her way to his cell, FP closely behind just in case she needed him. It was cold there. The goosebumps on her skin where the proof of that. It wasn't just the gloomy atmosphere that gave her chills, it was more so the idea of seeing her cold hearted husband that affected her whole body.

Hal sat on his chair, his eyes fixated on a invisible spot in the wall. She expected him to look miserable, but to her surprise he looked peaceful. Why did she expect him to be desperate? Or to even see some kind of regret?

"Alice? What a delight to see you." He looked sideward and met her eyes as a smug smile crept on his lips.

She could have made a sassy remark, just like people were used to from her, but she didn't. Instead, she just looked at him as if she was trying to process the man in front of her. Everything she was hoping to see wasn't there. Just a soulless person. When she stayed silent, Hal decided to speak up. He had seen the man behind her and quickly putted the puzzle pieces together.

"So, this is the man you whored yourself out to? Sheriff Jones? You can see the irony, Alice. Don't you?" He let out a low scof as his eye brow raised to his hairline. No wonder that FP had been so emotionally angry with him after his arrest. It all made sense now. This wasn't just because of what he did to the town, it was personal.