introduction

W.Y.R.V Rampart

year:2186

seven years after the death of Ellen Ripley.

mission time: two years, seven months, and fifteen days.

the research vessels halls lay dormant. the lights are dimmed, the sound of the engines quietly echoing through the halls of the massive ship. in the distance is the planet Asheon, a dark cold ball of ice, rock, and snow. a layer of dark, thick clouds cover the surface, orbiting the planet is  a destroyed moon in a brilliant display of fractured rock and dust. the ship is moving slowly towards the small icy world. the crew is tucked away in their cryogenic pods, sleeping peacefully. dreaming they all look as it they are dead, this was a normal look for people in cryogenic sleep. they dream unaware of what they carry with them. deep within the storage garage are reinforced steel containers, on the front of each one a cereal number and the weyland yutani logo. the ship drifts closer towards the frozen world. but the peaceful silence ends. 

ATTENTION COLLISION COURSE WITH UNIDENTIFIED DEBRIS BRACE FOR IMPACT.

the message repeats, over and over again. spinning red lights fill the halls of the ship as the alarm blares. but the only thing undisturbed by the alerts are the sleepers. dreaming peacefully, unaware of the collision course with the fractured moon. and almost as quickly as it started it ended. the ship collides with the moon head on. smashing through the bridge. the ship still pushes forward. the damage worsening, the ship is knocked from side to side. pieces of moon rock and other space junk knock it closer to the surface of Asheon. the ship now unable to propel its self is sent drifting in the direction of Asheon, at this point the sleepers are not sleeping nor are they awakening, they are dead. as the ship nears the gravity of the planet pulls it ever so slightly closer. pieces of metal hull and even the ships innards follow the ship down to the surface. it enters the atmosphere. flames begin to surround the now destroyed research ship. as it goes through the cloud cover the temperature begins to drop. it gets colder and colder. then there's darkness. the large ship crashes into a mountain range, its not a big mountain, its small but still large. the ship buries its self into the side of the mountain and in some ice and snow. some of the ships lights still blink dimmed and nearly not even visible. after the large impact silence fills the day sky, though it never appears to have a day or a night. the local clock on the planet was 8:00 Am, colonists of the new hope mining facility awaken to begin their work. the large copper refinery not far from the colony glows illuminating very little of the dark surface. large light posts shine bright and equipment waits for its human operators. the strong winds blow tarps nearly off of the equipment. the large complex is the only warm place on the entire planet. the rest is a frozen wasteland, it shows signs that it used to be a habitable planet. the large hills and mountains. frozen rivers, lakes, and even oceans. its assumed the planet used to be in the goldilocks zone, and that its position changed drastically. the planets air is breathable, so it didn't require atmosphere processing plants but other than the air quality the planet was just hostile. the winds would cause snowstorms that would last for weeks on end. it was that time of year too. snow moved quickly through the air, making the colony's lights not even visible. inside the operations center the news of the crash is received...

 inside the operations center the news of the crash is received