DISCOVERY

12:00 PM

ASHEON

2186

in the garage of the colony, fifteen colonists stand in a line, all of them wearing top of the line winter gear. "you all have been tasked with investigating a crashed research vessel, once there you will look for any survivors and  take back any company cargo for later pick up." the colony director says looking at them while walking back and fourth. "yes sir" all of them reply, they all begin grabbing weapons, medical equipment, and other materials that might be needed.  "okay everyone make sure your back cameras are turned on, and set them to night vision mode." a man in operations says to the rescue team. they do as they are told no question asked, though there is some complaining, it  wont last long once the land crawler begins moving, which it begins moving almost immediately after everyone is settled in. the ride to the wreckage of the rampart is long and quiet. everyone keeps to themselves, many haven't been farther than the colony. the very few that have gone out have described deep canyons that can appear at any moment. so many are worried. once they arrive the mountains tower over them, indented in the side of the mountain the shredded hull of the rampart. as they walk out they are greeted with the sight of flickering lights from the destroyed ship. "okay 1st team move up into the ship 2nd and 3rd teams investigate the exterior." the camera feed is a fuzzy mess. the signal is weak, but its still there. 1st squad moves in, the hallways lay dormant just as they where before, only this time exposed to the hostile asheonin weather, snow covers nearly everything, from terminals and even wrapped around piping. as 1st squad moves in the find the cryogenic pods. each of the weyland yutani scientists mangled from the impact, frozen puddles of blood pool underneath some of the equipment, warning lights flash, and shattered glass covers the floor. they walk down some stairs leading deeper into the ship, they find the storage room. inside massive containers of bio hazard and even organic samples are spilled across the floor. one of the containers has a label on it "unidentified spores"  another one has one that says "BIO HAZARD! DO NOT TOUCH WITHOUT BIO HAZARD SUIT." below the warning they see a label that reads "Chemical A0-3959X.91 – 15"  one of them walks over to the container that is labeled with the spores. he walks over to a fridge of some sort, inside it rest tiny, brown and white spores. leathery in appearance and oozing weird fluids like a pimple. he removes his goggles to get a better look at the spores. he taps one, a dust like substance releases into the air which he cant see but its there. the dust begins shifting and molding together, it drifts through the  cold air and it makes its way towards the mans eye. sharp pain shoots through his eye and jaw, he yelps. one of the others comes over and sees him picking him up and notices his eye is bloodshot as his eye begins to fill with fluid. "SHIT HEY WE NEED HELP OVER HERE" the first words spoken in a while are finally heard. one of the other men from the outside comes rushing in and sees the man on the ground holding his face, as they look at their fallen and seemingly injured subordinate a loud squealing sound is heard. along with yet more screaming. they run over to see a bony spider with a tail wrapped around a mans face in a cryogenic compartment. "what the fuck is the company doing here?" someone from first squad asks. "check his vitals"  one of the others says. his vitals where okay, not stable but okay. "okay lets get back to the crawler." as they get back to the crawler the man holding his eye begins to feel sick. sicker and sicker with each passing moment. he feels bloated, and tired. he collapses. the cryogenic pod is brought back with them as well. the ride back is quiet as they where worried. once back they take both the incapacitated to the infirmary. the cryogenic compartment is opened....