Chapter 3: Hell!

Through the bright hallway, the long-haired Saiyan marched with a scowl on his face. He let out several curses under the breath as he walked at a quick pace. His patience was at the limit. Everyone only knew how to order him around or blackmail him. With tightly clenched teeth, the warrior rushed back to his chambers. They didn't have time to waste. Not only was he pressured by the time Vegeta set, but now he had to deal with Chidoru's little assignment. The bastard was acting all high and mighty just because he got lucky and conquered a prosperous planet.

"Damn you, you mercenary trash!"

His tail swayed widely behind the back. He was fuming, and the soldiers could see it. Everyone backed away from the man's path. Nobody wanted to deal with an angered Saiyan warrior unless they had a death wish.

Raditz paid no attention to anyone. His mind was preoccupied with the sudden request given to him by the station's chief. It was ridiculous. As if he could teach the brat how to fight in only five days. Chidoru was out of his mind or maybe doing this on purpose. He wouldn't be surprised at all. A throbbing vein appeared on his forehead as he approached the room. He knew this would be a long and painful day.

As soon as the metal doors slid open, he walked inside and glared at his late brother's child. "Tch! What are you doing? Why aren't you eating your meal?" For a moment, he wondered if the boy was perhaps sick, and that is why Gohan wasn't eating. However, the reason was different.

"I-I don't like it. Mom's food's tastes better and looks pretty."

An immeasurable rage overcame the warrior. The invisible pressure caused the mirror and everything glass-made to break, thus scaring the boy. With inhuman speed, Raditz seized the boy and sat on the bed near him.

The boy was shaking, but he didn't care. "Eat! You'll eat all of this, whatever you like it or not!" He pointed at the spoon and forced Gohan to take it. "Out here, we don't have the luxury to choose what food we like or not! You eat what's there to eat! Or you starve to death! Do you understand that?" His tight grip hurt the little hybrid, but he wasn't willing to let go until he received a reply.

Tears rolled down his chubby cheeks as he ate the bland food. "I-I do! I'll eat it!" He felt such a relief when the mean giant removed the hand and moved away from him.

Raditz moved toward the cabinet and picked up his scouter. While he adjusted it properly on his ear, he spoke to the boy. "After you finish eating, we're going to the training room. Today you'll start to learn how to fight and defend yourself." He glanced at the brat and could already tell there was going to be trouble.

The spoon fell from his tiny hand. His entire body trembled when he heard that. "F-Fight? But I'm not a fighter! I don't want to fight." Gohan halted when he saw the man's dark and terrifying expression. He instantly dropped his head and quietly sobbed as he continued to eat.

Gohan's quick submission surprised him. However, he welcomed it. "Good. You're finally starting to realize how to behave." He sat on the chair and crossed his legs as he waited for the child to finish. "Heh, you'll see after your first battle just how great it is to fight and kill. The sheer rush of it can't be compared to anything, well, almost anything." He released a chuckle as he closed his eyes.

The black-haired hybrid didn't dare to say a word. Fighting wasn't what Gohan wanted. His father loved to fight and train to become a better martial artist. That wasn't his dream. And most importantly, he didn't want to kill people. It was wrong, and only bad guys did that. He wished someone could come and save him from this nightmare.