Changes...

The warm sun spreads it's light across my bed cover, I see the box of dye on my dresser and immediately am reminded of my new hair. I slide my covers off and walked over to my mirror,

"Wow, I'm blonde." I whisper to myself, nobody knows that is dyed my hair. I put my slippers on and sit at the kitchen counter, my dad isn't facing me and is making breakfast.

"Kacey, you want waffles or cereal?"

"I'll just have cereal, Dad can you start calling me Kadence again?"

He nods his head and hands me the box if Cheerios, his eyes widen and he does a double take.

"Steve! Quick your sister dyed her hair!" He shouts into the hallway, Steve comes running in sporting his Charlie Brown pajamas. I fall off the stool and roll on the ground laughing the whole time.

"You're blonde!"

"You're (laugh) six."

My dad soon joins me in my excessive laughing and it doesn't take long for Steve to start too. Steve pulls me up off the floor after our laughing fiasco and pours the milk on my cereal.

"Thank you." I place the bowl on the table and begin my delicious bowl of cheerios.

"Kacey, the whole gang is going to a movie. You wanna come?" Steve asks, it takes me a few seconds to think. I don't know if I really have to deal with being with Soda.

"Umm... sure."

**********************************

We all met at the theatre to see "The Birds" it turned out to be ALOT scarier than I thought. Soda decided to sit next to me and tried to use the whole arm stretch trick, I didn't let that bother me. Or at least it didn't show.

The whole gang walked to the Curtis house, on the way we heard screaming and crying from a dark ally. We turned down an ally and saw a very skinny blonde girl being beat up. She looked very familiar something about her eyes, but I couldn't tell who it was.

I looked over to where Steve was but he had already gotten involved,

It was Lilly