IV

Elliot was waiting for Astrid at the park that was a walking distance from their school campus. He wore a simple outfit for this date, with a thick jacket wrapped around his waist, just in case the theater was too cold. He sat at a small bench, scrolling mindlessly through Instagram. He saw that his teammate Finney and his girl Maxene also went on a date last week, he smirked, he never thought his friend would look so whipped for a girl.

“Elliot! There you are” Astrid squeaked “I was looking for you everywhere” she sat down in the small space that was left on the bench still carefully keeping space in between them. “Y'know, you really need to be more specific with directions”

After their embarrassing introduction at the vending machine, Elliot realised that Astrid is not your typical nerdy shy girl, she's actually much more confident and bold especially in front of Elliot. Astrid was just so... casual with this. She didn't seem to be scared at all. “You aren't nervous?” Elliot asked. Wraping an arm around her shoulders and playing with the tips of her hair. 

“Oh, about this date?” Elliot nodded “-a little but, there's nothing to worry about, right?” she answered, resting her head onto Elliot's shoulder “I mean, we've been on a lot of ‘dates’ in the past week, it's not like this is a first time for us”

“Yeah, but we just get coffee before class, this is our first real date.” Elliot said. Feeling the need to justify himself for being nervous, which is so unlike him really.

“I know-” Astrid whined “That's what I've been nervous about last night”

“Hey, I was scared shitless too y'know” Elliot laughed 

Astrid smilled and stood up from the bench “Let's go walk around for a bit then grab a snack before we go to the movies, yeah?” she grabbed Elliot's hand before pulling him to stand up. “I want to buy my churros, there's no churros at the cinema” she whispered to Elliot, her churros are a must have whenever she watches a movie or atleast that's what she told Elliot.

They slowly walked towards their usual cafe, it was a short walking distance from the park, and they wanted to savour each second they spend in that beautiful place.

“Have I told you that story when I was a kid at a park just like this? Well, we were playing hide-and-seek and my brother Luca had to search for me for an hour” Elliot laughed. He reached over to grab Astrid's hand. “Or when we slept on the top of a tree branch and our mom had to find us” Astrid laughed and interlocked their fingers. Imagining how cute little Elliot would have been like.

The park wasn't filled with a lot of people today. Only about three to five in sight, but it wasn't any different from normal. This park was quiet and that's why they liked it. They could be minding their own business in peace.