Grazed

"Let's ride, Scooby Gang!"

"Scooby gang?" John B scoffed and he started going towards the wreck. Bailee nodded frantically, the excitement seeping into her mood.

"Obviously. You guys are exactly like the Scooby Gang. You know, the cartoon?" John B rolled his eyes, making Bailee laugh. "C'mon, Fred, don't be a grouch."

Kie laughed as John B spluttered, trying to rebuke the name. "Hush, you even have the ascot to prove it."

"Ascot?" Pope asked.

"The stupid thing Fred wears around his neck like," Bailee walked over to John B and tugged on his bandana hanging from his neck, tugging him down to her level. His nose scrunched up and he rushed to get out of her grip when she started messing with his hair. "this."

Kie laughed and looked to the scuba gear and made her way over to the metal supposedly filled with breathable air. "This is empty. You took empty tanks?" She fiddled with the compression on the barely usable tanks that John B. "Okay, so this one's a quarter full. That's enough for one of us." 

Kie set the tank back down and looked around. JJ's hands were running through Bailee's hair while her hand was massaging the palm of his other hand."Love it when a plan comes together." Pope rested his feet on the steering wheel when Kie looked over to his direction.

"Does anybody know how to dive?" Bailee stopped tracing patterns on JJ's hand, freezing up. When no one responded to Kie, she sighed.

"I'll do it. Let's just hope I don't get the Bends." Bailee jokes, which didn't earn a laugh from anyone. It did, however, earn a warning look from Pope.

"Bends like bend over and-" JJ said while smirking down at Bailee, who was still on his lap.

"The Bends kill you, JJ." Pope stopped his friend before he could make the situation dirtier than needed. JJ immediately wrapped his arms around Bailee and held her closer.

"No way. You are not diving if you can die from a lack of air or something." JJ said. John B made a pointed look at Bailee, saying 'I told you so' with his eyes.

"JJ, Bails is the only option. If she's up for it, that is." Kie sighed, looking at Bailee hopefully.

Bailee got up off of JJ, causing him to whine. "Yeah, let me just take off my shorts."

"Let me do some calculations real quick." Pope took out a crumpled piece of paper and a stray pen. "So that boat's about 30 feet down. So it'll take 25 minutes at that depth. This means you should make your safety stop at about ten feet for two minutes, alright?"

"Math team is coming in handy, Pope. I got it, ten feet, two minutes." Bailee pulled off her shirt and adjusted her bikini top.

JJ's eyes were trying to look anywhere else but Bailee while she stripped, but it felt like playing an impossible game of hide-and-seek. His blue eyes traced her tan curves, accentuated by her white bikini, starting from her long legs to her necklace-covered collar bones. A slight giggle snapped him out of his trance, looking a bit further up to see Bailee with her bottom between her teeth staring right back at him. 

Shit. He was caught red handed, playing it off with a smirk and a wolf whistle that turned Bailee's cheeks a matching shade of red to his own. When he looked away, Kie was gone and her shirt was on the boat floor.

"What was that?" Pope asked, staring in the spot Kie was.

"I don't know, man." JJ turned to Bailee, who was now getting set up in diving gear by John B. "When you're down there, look for the cargo hold. You stick this thing inside and twist and pull, alright babe?"