𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

As Klaus and Jade arrived in the living quarters, Klaus cleared his throat loudly, causing everyone to turn their heads.

"Attention! Attention! I have 'The Evergreen' with me! Now the gang's all here! Yay!" Klaus shouted with his sarcastic cheery tone. Jade shook her head with a small smile. She looked at everyone and gave a small wave.

"Hey, guys." She spoke. She's seen these faces before, but it still felt awkward to her. It brought her back to when she was first introduced to them. The only difference was that there were a few that she was glad to see again. The first one to walk to her with no hesitation was Diego.

"About time I saw you again." He spoke, wrapping his arms around her. Her smile grew as they swayed side to side.

"You're the busy one. Not me, D." Jade chuckled. Diego pulled away and grinned as well.

"How's my nephew?" He asked. Arthur meant a lot to him. Diego Hargreeves was a tough guy, but Arthur had him wrapped around his little finger the day he was born.

"He's great. He's missing his Uncle. He wants to join the baseball team, so maybe you can help him with that." Jade explained.

"The practice, yeah. But I won't be a damn coach." Diego replied, causing them both to let out a laugh. Jade heard the clacking of heels and let out a small gasp as Allison came from behind Diego.

"Jade." She sighed with a smile. Jade reciprocated the smile as she hugged her in a small embrace.

"Hey, Allison." She greeted. As they pulled away, Jade furrowed her eyebrows. ''How are you?"

Allison knew what that question was for and she sighed. "I've been okay. There's just days that it sucks not having her. Every day."

She told her the truth. Mother to a mother. Ever since the divorce and Patrick's full custody of their daughter, Claire, Allison never felt truly happy. Jade understood clearly that when someone becomes a parent, the only thing that will make them happy is having their child by their side.

"You'll have her. Patrick's gonna come around. He has to." Jade comforted. Though they never called each other sisters, Jade always referred to Allison as a 'good friend'. It was the vice-versa with Allison. That and Allison was absolutely indebted to Jade when she made the beautiful floral arrangements for her and Patrick's wedding. It was Jade's way of apologizing after thirteen years ago.

"Thank you." Allison whispered. Jade squeezed Allison's shoulders before looking over. She gave a tight-lipped smile and nodded towards Luther. Her eyes furrowed as she noticed his large appearance with his large overcoat. He was almost the size of a grizzly bear. She wondered what the hell he was eating. Moon rocks?

"Luther." Jade spoke. Luther looked the other way, not looking at her. Jade gave an annoyed glare.

"Jade." Luther mumbled with a stubborn tone. Jade rolled her eyes.

"Stubborn asshat." She mumbled, causing Allison to snicker a little. Stubborn just like his dear old daddy. Luther always did everything for the old man. They did as well, but Luther always did it with a smile. Him being Number One, Luther put himself on a high pedestal, calling himself the leader. Jade and the others were forced to listen to him no matter what, even if his plans weren't the greatest. Jade couldn't get that one specific plan out of her mind that resulted in the outcome that changed everything.

Van Hargreeves slowly but surely walked over to Jade. They stood in front of her nervously. After recently hearing Diego's annoyance towards them due to their tell-all book that they wrote five years ago, Van definitely didn't want to see Jade's reaction. Jade did read the book and was heavily against the chapter written about her. That day, she was holding four-year-old Arthur on one hand and turning the pages with the other.