Chapter Six

[6]

"Uh, Sam?"

"What do you want now, Freddork?" Sam asked, plopping onto her couch of her apartment she shared with Cat more than half the time.

"Well, um, you see..." Freddie trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck nervously while he tried to search for the right words.

Sam gave him a look. "Spit it out, Freddie."

"Geez, you sound like my mother," Freddie mumbled under his breath, causing her to shoot him a glare.

"Don't ever compare me to your crazy chiz of a mother."

Freddie sighed, realizing that Sam really hadn't changed as much as he thought she did. Maybe she only showed him that sweet side of her just so she could get back with him.

Flashback

"Hey, Freddie," Sam greeted happily, slipping into the booth across from him at Bots, the place that she had wanted to go to meet up with him.

The brown-eyed boy smiled. "Hey, Sam. Why exactly did you want to meet me here?"

The blonde shrugged, a grin creeping to her lips as she placed her hand on his, making him give her a surprised look.

"I miss you, Freddie," she said. "I really do. I want to get back with you. I've realized how much I need you in my life. And if you're willing to take me back, I promise I'll change for the better. For you."

Freddie was speechless. He missed Sam, he really did.

Something was telling him to go ahead and get back together with her. But another something was telling him no.

Don't do it. Don't fall for her tricks.

He sighed. "I-I'm really not sure if that's a good idea..."

"Please, Freddie? I really need you back in my life. For good this time."

Freddie didn't want to say no. But he didn't want to say yes, either.

What about Jade?

Jade didn't like him like that.

You don't know that.

He did know that.

So being the idiot he was, he agreed.

"Okay," he grinned at Sam, lacing lacing her fingers through his. "I'll take you back."

"I'm glad, Freddork." Sam laughed.

Oh, how he wished she would stop calling him that.

End of Flashback.

"I want to break up," he blurted, immediately averting his eyes to the floor.

Sam instantly shot up from her seat on the couch. "What?!"

Freddie sighed heavily, not wanting to do this all over again. But he just didn't love Sam anymore, he needed Jade.

"I'm so sorry, Sam, but I just can't be with you anymore. I thought I could just take you back, but I've been thinking, and I-I just don't feel the same way about you anymore."

Sam crossed her arms over her chest, practically staring a hole into his chest. "It's because of someone else. Another girl."

"Look, Sam- "

"It's Jade, isn't it?" Sam chuckled humorlessly, shaking her head, as if she couldn't believe it. "I knew it. I knew you had a thing for her!"