Chapter Eight

[8]

"Beach time!" Cat exclaimed, racing to the big body of water as the gang ran after her excitedly. Andre jumped in along with Tori, and he lifted her up, making the brunette squeal in delight.

Cat splashed in the water with Beck and Robbie, who laughed and splashed back.

Freddie stayed on the shore with Jade, who lounged in a beach chair, black sunglasses perched on the end of her nose.

"Why don't you go in the water?" The brown-eyed boy asked the raven haired beauty, looking at her after she applied sunscreen on his skin.

Jade shrugged. "I went into the water in the third grade. It's a bad memory for me. Plus I just don't swim."

Freddie motioned for her to sit on a towel so he could apply sunscreen to her extremely pale skin. She complied and sat on a towel, leaning back as he worked his magic.

"Well I think you should get in the water and have some fun," he said, pressing a kiss to her shoulder. "I can stay with you, if you'd like."

Jade sighed softly. "Fine, but only if you stay next to me the entire time."

The Seattleite grinned and nodded, standing up and helping her up off the towel.

They headed to the water where the gang were splashing and laughing, and Freddie took hold of his girlfriend's hand, and lead her safely into the water.

"Can we go back now?" She asked after about three seconds, looking up at him with her best attempt at puppy dog eyes.

He chuckled at her, kissing her lips gently. "Take some time to get used to it."

She huffed. "Fine."

Just then Cat came out of nowhere at splashed them as hard as she could, causing the rest of the gang to join.

Jade squealed at how cold it was and Freddie laughed, splashing them all back. The goth practically attached herself to the brown-eyed boy, not planning to let go any time soon.

"I wanna go back now," she pouted, her bottom lip jutting out cutely.

Freddie rolled his eyes playfully, kissing her cheek. "C'mon, it'll be fun."

"Doubt it."

They all played in the water for the next hour or so, having the time of their lives.

Even though she wouldn't ever admit it, Jade was enjoying herself more than she thought she would.

~•~•~

"I love the beach!" Cat giggled, wrapping a pink towel around herself tightly. "Can we come back again tomorrow?"

"No!" Jade answered quickly, making Cat pout.

Freddie smirked, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend's bare waist as he laid his chin on her shoulder.

Andre and Tori both bidded goodbye shortly after, getting into Andre's car and driving off. Beck had drove Cat and Robbie there, and he had to get them home as well, so they all said goodbye and left the parking lot.

"Guess that just leaves you and me," Freddie told her, his lips touching her shoulder softly.

"Well I wanna go home."

He sighed, grabbing his keys and getting in the car as she did the same.

The goth grabbed his hand and laced her fingers with his, which he smiled at as he drove back to the apartment.