𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. just a star

THIRTY-EIGHT: THE END.

THERE WAS SOMETHING extra special about standing on noah's doorstep. it was like natalia was suspended in time, her finger hovering over the doorbell as she debated whether or not to press it.

she could go inside, do some stupid tiktoks and subtly wallow in her own self pity. or, she could just turn around and walk away, and go back home, not-so-subtly wallowing in her own self pity. as she stood there, still frozen, still trying to make a decision on what to do, her phone buzzed in her pocket. it was a post notification from lilia, and immediately natalia swiped up. she was, in fact, a little curious to see what lilia had shared.

lilia

1,267 likeslilia happy valentine's day from me and jill! 💘💕✨🥰view all 125 comments

1,267 likes
lilia happy valentine's day from me and jill! 💘💕✨🥰
view all 125 comments

natalia almost dropped her phone reading the caption. she was stunned, surprised, and a little confused. but most of all, she was relieved.

the girl wasn't going to pretend that she was over jaeden, that was completely ridiculous and untrue. so she was relieved when she saw lilia's post with jill, because even if jaeden did have feelings for lilia, they would turn out to be unrequited. this proved to be some comfort for her. maybe the reason why lilia wanted to know whether jaeden liked her was just out of curiosity. because she had moved on, and hopefully jaeden had too.

natalia's thoughts scrambled, she took a deep breath and lifted a finger to the doorbell, the deep gong resonating through the house. a scuffle came from inside before the door swung open, with confusingly no one inside to open it.

her docs clicked on the polished wood floors inside, and the redhead peeked down the hall. it seemed empty, to her bewilderment.

"millie? noah? chloe?"

she asked, stepping into the kitchen.

"HAPPY HALLOWEEN!"

all of natalia's friends jumped out of various hiding spots in the kitchen, holding banners and yelling quite obnoxiously.

"you guys- it's valentine's day. think you got your dates a little mixed up?"

natalia said, shaking her head and hanging her coat on the rack by the doorframe.

"actually, no. we didn't get your date mixed up."

raising an eyebrow, the girl turned to look at sophia in confusion at this perplexing statement. unfortunately, instead of meeting eyes with her, she turned to stare right at jaeden.

"guys, come on—"

natalia threw her hands up in the air in exasperation, but the group had already scattered to various places in the house, seemingly to do halloween-party-ish activities.