Chapter 4

2 hours later, we finally finish reading the script, and like at lunch, we all gather once again outside.

"Okay, I was thinking," Jack begins, only to be cut off by Leven.

"Oh no," She says, and everyone cracks up.

"Yeah, umm, rude." He said, glaring at her in a joking manner. "Anyways, I thought that we all should exchange Phone Numbers, and then we should go get some Fro-Yo!"

"That actually sounds so good right now!" Jen says, pulling out her phone, and everyone follows suit.

We all agree and begin passing our phones around randomly, putting our numbers in each.

Once we're done, I quickly text Maddy, saying not to pick me up, as the cast had made plans to go and get Ice Cream. She quickly responds with an 'Okay.'

"Let's go, people!" Jen says, running over to her car, and starting the engine. We all grin, and race to different cars. The ones who didn't have/bring one, or were too young to drive, just stood there, until Alexander, Josh, and Dayo noticed.

"Pile in!" Josh said, and the rest of us got into their cars. I walked to the nearest car, which happened to be Alexander's. "Well, this will be fun." I think, worried about it being awkward.

"Haha, I got my District Buddy!" Alexander says, and I laugh, pulling open the passenger door, sliding into the White Camaro as all the worry goes away.

"Ooh! And Jack!" He says, just as Jack hops into the car after me.

"Don't you have your own car?" I ask, turning in my seat to look at him.

"Yeah, but it broke down 2 days ago, so I had to Uber here." He said as if it were obvious, a large grin plastered across his face.

I nod, and we start down the road. "Hey Jack," Alexander asks, looking in his rear-view mirror to the Brown Haired boy in the back. "Where exactly are we going?"

"I don't know." He replies, an innocent look appearing on his face. "Do you, Alexander?"

He just rolled his eyes, just enough for Jack to see, and for me to crack up. "One, just call me Xander, cause just like Izzy here said about her own name, it's too formal, and Two, aren't you the one who decided to go get Frozen Yogurt?

"Well, yeah. But I guess I kinda forgot to say where to go..." He says, grinning sheepishly.

I just laugh and pull out my phone. Quickly creating a quick Group Chat with all the Cast getting Fro-Yo, I quickly type out...

Group Chat

(The Text's on the right are Isabelle's, FYI)

Izzy just named the Chat, 'Tributes'

Hey, so Jack might have forgotten to say where the heck we're going so...

Leven: JACK! 😂😂😂

Jack: Yes? 😁

Jen: Would you care to tell us where we're going? So I can get my Ice Cream? 🥺😉

Jack: Hmm, let me think

Dayo: Jen, aren't you driving?

Amandla: Oh Gosh 😆😂

Jen: Maybe...

Jen: But aren't you?

Jack: 😏😂

Dayo: Fair Point 😂

Josh: Jen: 1 Dayo: 0 😂

Willow: 😂 You guys are Crazy!

Jack: 😂 We try

Jack: Anyways, let's just go to the nearest Orange Leaf, 'cause that's like the best!

Jackie: Yes! My man!

Leven: Ooh!

Xander: Oh gosh! 😂 Anyways, sounds good!

Josh: Ooh! Look, Xander's Texting while driving!

We're at a stoplight! 😂

Josh: 😉 I know

Leven: Aww! Y'all are so cute!

Jen: 😂

Willow: 😂

Looking up from my phone, I notice we're once again moving, and I close my eyes, drifting off to a short-live sleep, as I'm awakened 10 minutes later by Xander, announcing that we're here.

"Hey, guys!" I say, and walk up to Josh, Jen, Willow, Amandla, Jackie, Leven, and Dayo.

"Took ya long enough," Jen states, grinning at us.

"You were 30 seconds faster than us!" Jackie says, and we all laugh.

"Okay, everyone's here! ONWARD!" Jack says, a look of determination spread across his face, and he walked into the store like a man on a mission.

We all walk into the fairly empty store and walk over to the Waffle Cone and Bowl station, and I grab a small bowl, following suit of Leven. I walk with the others, and stop at the Vanilla dispenser, while the others are at the other flavors. I fill my bowl up about ¾, and walk over to the toppings table, with Willow and Amandla. They both have different flavors in their bowls and begin filling their bowls with toppings with me.

I grab a waffle cone piece, along with some Blackberries, Strawberries, and Raspberries. I then add some Chocolate and a few brownie bites and walk over to the cash register. Amandla and Willow are behind me, pulling out their small wallets to pay.

"Guys, don't worry about paying. I'll buy them for you." I say cheerfully to the two girls, who stop searching through their wallets to look at me.

"Really?" Amandla says, uncertainty in her voice.

"You don't need to," Willow says, not quite sure what to do. "We can pay."

I smile. "I know, but I want to. Here, put your Yogurt on the scale."

"Oh okay. Thank you, Izzy!"

"Yeah, thanks!" The two girls say smiling and setting their Ice Cream next to mine.

"Of course!" I tell them, grabbing my credit card out of its case that was hanging from my wrist lanyard. "How about, since we're the first one's done, you guys go find some tables for us all to sit at?"

"Okay!" The girls say together, giggling as they walk over to the many tables, pulling them together to make one big one.

I smile to myself and turn around to slide my card to pay, only to see someone else's card sliding through to pay for theirs, the girls, and my Frozen Yogurt. I turn around, to see Xander grinning as he pulls away with his card in hand.

"Did you just pay for me?" I ask, looking up at the tall man.

"Yep. And you're welcome!" He answers, laughing at my confused face.

"Thanks, but I was going to Pay!" I say, faking annoyance.

"Well too bad. Get over it. I wanted to, so I did!" Xander says, grabbing Amandla and his Frozen Yogurt, and begins to walk over to the two girls. I shake my head, grabbing the other two, and quickly catch up to him.

"Well, thanks Xander," I say, handing Willow her Yogurt.

"Yep." He says, sitting down with me next to him.

He grins, and I smile back, sitting down next to him, facing the two girls.