Chapter 1

-----

𝑹𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒕?
𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 "𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆."

-----

The library is quiet empty seeing that she's only sorrounded by books at the moment. Though despite the calming atmosphere she had, Various thoughts never fail to cross her mind as she tried focusing on reading every chapter on her textbooks.

Hell, If only she took english major than taking this tedious and arduous biology major then she wouldn't regret anything.

But, Don't get Xueer wrong. She loves what she's doing but the torture she recieves from the works and stuffs that her professors instructed her to do is just something she doesn't and will never appreciate.

She shut her textbook and sighed loudly, Used her hands to mess her hair up but fixed it right after. She's stressed and uninspired. Nothing motivates or prompt her in doing these things any longer, She can't focus nor develop a liking on putting attention to her major-related stuffs.

Packing her things, Xueer left the library with her mind not engulfed with her previous thoughts anymore.

The moon was shining brightly when Xueer stepped out of the library's premises. Cars and adults filled the busy and dark streets that were only lighten up by the tall lamp post around.

Clutching on the end of her bag, Xueer composed herself on spot.

"You can do this, Xueer. It's just a 5 minute walk."

And her feet started leading her inside the dark alley that she've never, not even once, took. But because of her parents explaining that she could arrive at home faster by taking this route as this is a shortcut, Xueer has no other choice. Though scared, Tiredness dominated her so she choose on taking the shortcut instead of taking the other way that will took her 20 minutes minimum to arrive home.

She stopped halfway on the dark alley when her eyes spotted a tall figure leaning against a wall not so far away from her with an unknown small and thin object twirling on her fingers.

The figure snapped her head towards Xueer's direction that instantly startled the redhead. Her feet started leading her way home once again whilst she could still feel the gaze of the stranger on her.

"Excuse me."

Xueer finally passed by the figure when a voice called out and Xueer knows she's the one being called as there's no other people around except for her and the stranger.

Xueer faced the stranger and her face is now more evident to Xueer.

Short-haired, Slim and tall, Long legs and arms, and some more details that Xueer didn't pay attention to any longer.

"Yes?"

Asked Xueer. She knows that she's the one being called and it leads her to confusion as she have no idea why a stranger called her out.

Xueer noticed the taller girl pushed her body off the wall and step a bit closer to Xueer.

"Do you perhaps have a lighter with you?"

The tone is soothing and calm, The stranger asked her sweetly and nicely.

Xueer then remembered the lighter she brought for an experiment in one of her biology classes last week. She reached out for her bag and opened the zipper slightly while roaming through her bag filled with random and unimportant stuffs, Hoping that the lighter is still with her.