Chapter 9

-----

𝑵𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆
𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒐𝒏 𝒏𝒚 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔

-----

The loud ring coming from her phone woke up the sleeping redhead.

Sitting up as she rubbed her eyes. When she took away the blanket that's covering her body, Her eyes darted on her clothes. She's still wearing the same outfit she wore yesterday and wasn't able to change because her mind was filled with Jiaqi until she feel asleep last night. She smells just like Jiaqi, Maybe because they shared a really really long hug last night.

Grabbing her phone that was placed on the table beside her bed, She opened it to send a 'good morning' message to Jiaqi, Just like what she always do every morning.

Xueer then headed to her bathroom to take a bath for class is starting in a few hours. When she was done showering, The redhead started putting on her clothes and fixing her hair and makeup.

After getting herself ready for school, She checked her phone. Usually, Jiaqi would reply minutes after she sent a message but it's been almost an hour and there's still no response.

Xueer shook it off and went downstairs to grab her breakfast.

When she's about to leave for school, She checked her phone again incase there's already a reply from Jiaqi. But there was none. The same thing goes on when she arrived at school and when every class of her ended.

-

All her classes are done and it means she could go home but there's still no sign of Jiaqi. Fishing out her phone from her pocket, She opened it and sent another message to Jiaqi.

No matter how enthusiastic the vibe of the other students around the hallway where she's walking, Xueer's mood remained annoyed and disppointed.

Jiaqi is always on her phone and never leaves the redhead waiting for replies, But today is just so unusual.

She took the cab to take her home. On her way, She kept on wondering why Jiaqi didn't even show up today. They were still all good last night (or so she thought?)

-

It was already late but there was Xueer who never left her phone. Waiting for a single reply from Jiaqi for more than 12 hours already, She's slowly getting tired.

Jiaqi was never like this so she's wondering what's going on. Did she perhaps have a problem? Or is she busy?

Getting more and more anxious because of her thoughts, She decided to call Jiaqi.

*ring*ring*ring*

No response.

*ring*ring*ring*

Still no.

*ring*ring*ring*

She tried calling Jiaqi multiple times but all calls were left unanswered.

Before she knew it, She fell asleep waiting for the other girl.

-

1 week later...

A week have passed and Jiaqi is all over Xueer's mind.

She didn't respond to the redhead's messages or calls. Not even once. Also not showing up at her school's gate to fetch Xueer like what she usually do before.

Xueer have no idea why Jiaqi has been acting like this. Is she busy? But it's been a week and she could atleast have replied once. Or does she have a problem? If she do, Xueer could definitely help her.

But then their last night together crossed Xueer's mind. She remembered how she felt something different when Jiaqi left.

Her words, questions, tight hugs. Why does it feel like those have deeper meanings?

She doesn't care anymore.

Wait. She'll wait until Jiaqi showed up again.

"F-For sure, You'll show up anytime soon."

Xueer mumbled, Trying to cheer up herself.

"She'll call me soon, right?"

"Jiaqi told me that we'll see each other again so I should stop overthinking."

"You'll come back, right? We'll see each other and talk more again, right?"

"Please don't let me be like this, Jiaqi."

Those were the thoughts that's crossing her mind.

She likes to cheer herself up. It's the least thing she could do to stop the thoughts that's been in her mind lately.

To stop the thought that Jiaqi left her.