Chapter 3

Ashton Irwin as Jack Laynard->>

"Dad can we please not do this now? Just drop the subject at least until after dinner," I complained now losing my appetite and just twirling my food around the plate.

"Katie you have been blowing off the subject for two weeks now. When are you going to grow up and start thinking seriously?" He says with a scowl on his face and crossing his arms as he sits back in his chair. Food completely forgotten.

"I do think seriously! I just want to try something new, go somewhere different, see new faces and places! Instead of takin over the farm right away! Why can't you understand that?" I yelled at him with unshed tears in my eyes.

"Because this farm should be put first and foremost over anything and your selfish desires and childish dreams! This farm has been in this family for three generations and ill be damned if I allow it to go down the drain anytime soon! So you either take this seriously or get out! There is the door!" My father yelled standing up and pointing towards the door.

"Now Jonathan lets not be hasty," my mom says trying to calm him down.

"No I'm done Sharon! Either she takes it seriously or she needs to leave! End of discussion!" And with that he stands from the table and exits the dining room and up the stairs.

With my tears finally leaking down my cheeks I run out of the house and into the night!

"Katie! Katie come back!" Jack says running after me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oooooo cliffhanger!

Sorry guys I had to cut the chapter short, I'm jut really busy. I will update soon I promise!

-Jenna