Chapter 3

I had my first class which was Calculus with Mr Winston. I quickly took a look at the school map and located room  152 which was on the first floor. I climbed the first set of stairs looking around taking in the ambience  of the school.

Standing outside the room of my class, I took a deep breath and entered the room. I stood awkwardly next to the door unsure  of what to do next.  The man  standing in front of the teachers desk dressed in black shirt and blue  jeans turned towards and  asked, " Are you new ?"

Giving him a once over discreetly (I didn't want to look like a creep checking out my teacher) he was  young looking  like he was in his mid twenties.I had  always imagined calculus teachers somebody who is a  grumpy old  fart. He was actually really good looking with his honey colored eyes.

"Yeah, that's what my schedule says..." I let the sentence carry on internally praying  that he wouldn't  ask me to introduce myself. 

He chuckled before replying, "So, why don't you introduce yourself?"

Fuck.

I turned to face the people sitting and was immediately intimidated to see  that I had everybody's attention.My mind  went completely  blank acutely aware of everybody's stares fixated on me making me fidgety. 

"Why don't you begin with your name?" He asked encouragingly noticing my nervous state.

Get a grip of yourself!  It's just a class Introduction!

I swallowed  and looked up to meet the curious faces of my classmates. "Hey everybody, I'm roselyn. I've moved here from Nashville."

Mr Winston seems to have noticed the torturous situation he was putting me into so he quickly wrote down my name on his sheet and told me to find a seat. I scanned the room  and thankfully there was a vacant seat right next to a blonde headed guy.I headed to the seat dropping my bag near the leg of the desk. Lowering myself onto the seat, I sensed a pair of eyes and turned to my right to see the guy already staring at me.

He had a  round face, a pair of emerald  green sparkling eyes, a thin pointed nose and had a messy hair look looking he had just run his hands through his hair. He had a serious look on his face as he stared at my face intensely making me uncomfortable.

Suddenly, his face broke into a wide grin, his grin was  so wide that I thought his face was going to break for a second.

"Aren't you a cute little thing?" He cooed giving me a big open mouthed smile.

Well, okay this is  strange. I was average looking, your-next-door-girl. I had hazel eyes, pale skin, dark brown hair, a button nose and normal lips. I didn't have the kylie jenner's pouty lips, nor did I have a beautiful tanned skin .Does that fit into the category of cute? Maybe he's being sarcastic. It isn't everyday I get compliments from cute guys.

He's waiting for a reply, you weirdo!

Oh shit. He's probably thinking I'm mute or something .

"Thanks? " I said nervously looking back at him to find him staring at me,his forehead furrowed and his eyes sparkling in curiosity.

"Your welcome, rosie" He beamed at me and turned his head to focus on the board.

Ehm. I didn't know we had reached the nickname stage.  I wonder what Should I call him.. Wait I haven't even asked him for his name. I was about to ask him  when Mr. Winston started teaching. I'll ask him after the class is over. I turned my head to look at him and he was solving the current problem that Mr Winston had given us. I probably should focus on solving the problem as well lest I get called out which is going to be extremely embarrassing.