《 ─── INSOMNIAC CULT

《 08 ─── CHAPTER EIGHT ࿐ ˊˎ-

────────────

────────────

you continued walking towards the queue, not looking where you were going at all, until you bounced off of something. you later identified this "something" as a person, when you turned and glanced up at them, realising what you had done.

"oh, shit, I, uh, sorry." you forced out, scratching at the back of your neck awkwardly.
"uh, it's fine, don't worry..?" the person replied, raising an eyebrow at you, as you were currently standing there contemplating your life choices and wondering what lead you to do such stupid things. there was a silence as you stared up at the boy, your brain trying desperately to come up with something normal to say.

"bro, I shit you not, you look more tired than I am, and the thing is, I swear I got less than a minute of sleep last night."
"that's because I got no sleep last night. I didn't realise it was that blatantly obvious." he said, with what you hoped was sarcasm in his voice.
"well, I think the eye bags make it pretty clear, but it'd also be pretty damn pathetic if I weren't able to sense one of my own people."
"hmm, you make a valid argument." the boy said.

"ahaha, anyway, the name's L/N Y/N, would you, by any chance, consider starting a cult of insomniacs with me?"
the boy blinked, processing the words that had just came out of your mouth, before saying, "oh, I'm Shinsou Hitoshi, and yes, I may consider this cult, depending on how irritating the other members are."
"there's no other members yet, I need to track down some insomniacs." an evil grin spread across your face, as you began planning how you would find more insomniacs for your newfound cult.
"good luck with that then..?" he replied with slight hesitation.

"wait- I just realised I know nothing about you. you are a first year, right? not that it matters, but, like-" you cringed at your awful way of phrasing things, regretting opening your mouth to speak in the first place. Shinsou raised an eyebrow at you, "yeah, I'm in class 1-C, I'm going to be bold and assume you're a first year as well."
"ha! yeah, I'm in 1-A. it's drunk as hell in there. there's some weird kids." you laughed, failing to mention that it was, in fact, your first day there.

"hero course, huh? must be nice."
"i mean, yes, i suppose you could say that. but then again-" you cut yourself off, not sure how to explain the absolute disaster that was the students in the hero course, "there's a lot of idiots there. but, like, good idiots?"
"i'm sorry to break it to you, but idiots are idiots, i don't think there's a good type."
you tilted your head, smirking, "then what am i?"
"well, from what i've seen so far, an idiot."
you gasped, a look of false offence spread across your face.