《 ─── NO BRAINCELLS

《 11 ─── CHAPTER ELEVEN ࿐ ˊˎ-

────────────

────────────

Bakugou was right. you should not have fallen asleep then. because now, here you were, waking up to the sight of the rest of your class looking back and forth at eachother and a rather pissed looking Aizawa.
"L/N, thanks for finally joining us."
"wait, how late is it?" you squinted at the clock on the wall.
'ugh, honestly, it's still early, he probably only just got here himself,'
"anyway, as i was about to say, the sports festival is in a few days. you should already have some clue as to what happens in it, but really, it's a good way for students to get noticed by hero agencies," Aizawa's monotone voice filled the room, you stifled a yawn, knowing that it'd be bad to fall asleep again, especially during something that could actually benefit you.

Aizawa continued explaining the sports festival in more detail, and by the end of the lesson, you had a fairly solid idea of what you were supposed to be doing. soon enough, you found yourself sitting at a lunch table with Ashido and a few of her friends.

"okay, but L/N, what even is your quirk?" Kaminari asked, raising an eyebrow in your direction. you snorted,
"bro, i wanna at least have the slightest bit of the upper hand in this situation, i ain't telling you nothing."
"i'm hurt. you're seriously not going to tell us anything? what if you're completely overpowered and we stand no chance against you?" there was genuine fear in his eyes as he said this.
you blinked a couple of times, allowing yourself to process the words that had come out of Kaminari's mouth, before answering his questions with a gentle shake of your head, "me being overpowered is almost as likely as me giving up on watching anime. as in, never going to happen sort of likely," the other people around the table stared at you as you took a longer than necessary drink from your cup,
"also, i don't know any of you guys' quirks either, well, other than mr aggressive over here, so, really, he's the only one i have a proper advantage over."
upon hearing this, the people at the table shifted their gaze towards Bakugou, who, in return, coughed awkwardly before saying, "shut up, you have no advantage over me."

a chorus of laughs echoed around the table (god forgive me for using the word table over and over again, author's block is being a bitch rn 😔)
"yeah, you're probably right," you shrugged, "but, honestly, if y'all ain't gonna tell me your quirks, then i sure as hell ain't gonna tell you mine. i wanna go for the element of surprise."
Ashido snorted, "what, like when you tried to convince me that you weren't going to show up here and then, oh my gosh, you were there?"
you gasped in mock offence, "i'm not a good actor, okay? i just wanted to do something cool and surprise y'all, but no, you're too smart for that."

"sorry to break it to you, but i'm far from smart," Ashido said, flicking her hair over her shoulder.
"well, you're smarter than me, nonetheless," you smiled.

"can we just agree that we're all idiots and move on?" Kaminari interrupted, fairly bored of the conversation that was going pretty much nowhere.
"yes. please," Sero added.
you looked back at Ashido, nodded at her, and then you both said, "okay, we'll agree, but only because you made such a valid point."

before anyone could say anything else, Bakugou coughed loudly, "did you forget i was here or something? last time i checked, i was not stupid."
"yeah, Bakubro is probably the smartest person here, let's be honest," Kirishima added, smiling at Bakugou.
"i mean, you were being pretty quiet, so maybe i did forget you were here, but only temporarily," you said, ignoring Kirishima's statement and smirking at Bakugou.
"bitch," he hissed, with a glare pointed directly at you.
"uh, shit, i'm, oh, oh god, i'm gonna die, aren't i? jeez, i can't believe that this is how i lived my life, so damn pathetic."
"can we get an F in the chat for L/N?" Kaminari asked, shooting you a sympathetic glance.
"F," was heard from around the table.
you teared up, "thank you guys, i've been blessed to meet you, but i'm afraid my time is up."
"L/NNNNNN, nooo, i can't live without youuu," Ashido said, clinging onto your arm.

"what in the actual fuck are you going on about, you dumbass, i'm not going to murder you," Bakugou's voice spoke over the top of the others' concerned muttering.
"you're not?" you looked up, eyes lighting up with hope. (haha, hope. sorry, my danganronpa obsessed ass can't use this word without laughing and making a dumb comment.)
Bakugou shook his head, "no. dumbass."
"you've threatened to kill people before though, so we kinda just expect it now," you deadpanned, already knowing he was going to ask where you got the idea that he would kill you from.
muffled wheezing could be heard from the other side of the table, you looked over to find the other members of the bakusquad biting back laughs.

"can't believe i actually thought i was gonna die today, i still have so much to live for," you shook your head, wondering how you had come to so many near death experiences since joining the hectic school.
"oh? like what?" Ashido asked, an eyebrow raised mischievously.
you narrowed your eyes at her, "nothing like that, you dirty thing. i was talking about that cult i started a few weeks back."
"i knew i wasn't imagining it when you said that!" Sero said.
"i'm sorry, did i hear that correctly, cult?" Kirishima asked, concern laced into his expression.
"oh," you coughed nervously, "yeahhh, i was talking to this guy a while back and then we formed a cult. great times."
"i'm honestly too tired to be concerned right now, so to be honest, it sounds pretty cool," Kaminari said.
"ouch, mood," you replied, leaning on the table awkwardly.

"fucking idiots," Bakugou muttered, looking away from the rest of the group.
"aww, you know you love us really," you shifted forwards towards the blond boy, smiling at him.
"fuck off."
"aight then, i'm taking the lack of argument as a win," you spoke, a smug expression on your face.

"whatever."

────────────
bruh, wtf. apparently i originally posted this chapter in august?? that was so long ago, damn 🏃‍♀️💨