Chapter 5

Rosé tried her best to regain her voice and speak in coherent sentences.

"I...um...wanted to thank you for the drink." she said shyly.

That silky deep voice brought Jisoo out of her trance.

"Oh! That... don't worry it's a peace offering. Have a seat."

Rosé hesitated for a moment and then took the chair in front of her just as her knees started to give out.

"A peace offering? Why?" Rosé asked.

Jisoo broke away from Rosé's glance and answered. "Because I spilled the drink on you earlier. Why didn't you tell me when we met at the bathroom?" Rosé sighed deeply. "Because you looked so aggravated and I didn't want to add to your distress."

She tried to look anywhere but at Jisoo. She was nervous enough without adding more stress by looking into those beautiful emerald orbs. 'How sweet.' Jisoo thought as she noticed Rosé's nervous demeanor.

"Well thank you." she said out loud.

"You are very thoughtful, it was a very embarrassing moment indeed. Let's forget about that and start over, my name is Kim Jisoo and it's a pleasure to meet you." Jisoo extended her hand towards Rosé.

Rosé took her hand and smiled. "Roseanne Park, it's nice to meet you too." Jisoo reveled in the softness of Rosé's hand and didn't want to let go.

'She looks so strong and yet she's so soft, it's a pretty strange combination. There's an innocence in her eyes that I just can't figure it out. Oh boy, I'm so in trouble here.' Jisoo thought, while she reluctantly let go of Rosé's hand.

"So, are you feeling better now?" asked Rosé.

"Oh yeah, nothing like a warm shower and a good sandwich to make up for a bad day, I'm still tired but I'll take care of that later."

"I know the feeling believe me, I was pretty roughed up myself when I first got here this morning." Rosé said, sympathetically.

Jisoo laughed and Rosé found her laugher endearing. "Then, a crazy woman came running and spilled a drink on you to make things worse."

Rosé smiled at the young writer's good humor. "Well, not everything went bad now that I have a new drink and good company.......".... (Ooopps did I said that out loud? What's wrong with me? Shit!)

Jisoo was surprised by the last comment. 'Is she flirting with me?' She decided to let it pass.

"Well I'm glad you're here because I tend to get depressed when I eat alone, you want something to eat?"

"No thanks, I had dinner not long ago. But it's good that I'm here, because we can't have you wandering the hotel all depressed by yourself, don't you think?" Rosé began to feel more at ease in the company of the writer.

"So, what brings you to this island, business or pleasure?" Jisoo asked between bites.

'She's so damn cute, stop this nonsense now Rosé you're losing it.' Rosé's internal fight was distracting her from the conversation with Jisoo. That was until she saw the questioning look on the author's face.

"I'm sorry you said something?"

'What's going on in that beautiful head of yours, Roseanne Park?' Jisoo thought.

"I asked if you're her for business or pleasure?" she repeated.

"Oh! Well, I'm on vacation but I came here to make an official presentation for the company I work with, they kind of set me up for this. I hate public presentations." Rosé started playing with the stirrer of her drink then added. "I think we are going to be together at the gala tomorrow night."