Chapter 19: Here Again

Riley's POV:
We decided to take a cruise tour on the tiber river, and then take a dip in a private pool. The tour takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes. "Give me your hands." James says extending his hand to me to help me get on the boat. "Thanks" I whisper to him. He smiles at me. Siting down I sigh remembering what James said yesterday. James takes my hand in his before putting his arm around my shoulders  pulling me closer to him. I bury me head on his chest a smile on my face.

Still in the same position James kisses my forehead. I am enjoying this more than I expected. James points at a building that looks beautiful. I quickly took a picture of it, and post  it on a snapchat story. Double tapping on the screen I positioned the phone to take a selfie with James. I smile to the camera, but James is looking up. "James?" He looks down at me and notice the camera. He smiles as I tap the button. I put my phone back, and wrap my arms around James' torso.

We finished the tour and now we are in front of the pool. James takes off his shirt, and jumps in the pool causing a splash of water to come at me. "James." I say before groaning. "Come on Riley the water is so good." James says before going under water. I take off the clothes I was wearing on top of the swimsuit. I sit on the pool side, and put my legs in the water. I flinch once my legs touch the water from the coldness. I lingered on the pool side not having the courage to let the water touch my whole body. James swims closer to me. He holds my waist and carry me. "No. No. No. James please." I say to James trying to push him, but his grip was so strong. I flinched again when the water touched my body. I put my arms around his neck smiling. He kisses my forehead. "It's not that cold." James says turning, and giving me his back to swim. "Come on Riley!" James says. "No, I don't want to get my hair wet. I am not going under the water!" I reply. He swims back to me. "Why not?" He says holding my waist again. "Because I spent about an hour doing it!" I say. "You know you're beautiful anyway right?" James says while carrying me again, and pushing me in the water. He gets me out again pulling me so close to him. "You like how I look now?" I say attempting to get the water out of my face with my hand. "I like you however you look." James says smiling. We made eye contact for a few seconds before leaning and kissing each other.

"James?" I say to James who is laying on the plastic outdoor chaise lounge next to me. "Mhm" he replies. I was about to say something before his phone started to ring. "Sorry Riles I have to take it." He says putting the phone on his ears. I just nodded. "Hi mom- oh Piper. Hey Pi- what? Piper calm down! Mom?! What's wrong? Okay okay I- I am coming. Look Piper call Taylor (James' 13 years old sister.) I know just call her. Is Lily (James' 7 years old sister.) with you? Okay then call Taylor and I am coming." He finally hung up. "What happ-" I didn't get to finish my question before he replied with "Mom wasn't able to take her breathe properly and she passed out. It's serious."

~hours later~

James' POV:
"Mom are you okay?" I ask my mom. "I am okay James." She replies. I turn to my sisters. "What did the doctors say?" I ask. She looks down, and says " A heart disease. atherosclerotic disease." I look back at mom and then at Piper. "And what is that?" I ask. "It's a disease in which plaque builds up inside the arteries causing not enough oxygen-rich blood reaching the heart." "You're going to be okay Deborah." Riley says rubbing her hands. "Don't worry mom everything is going to be okay." I say trying to reassure her. 

"She had an heart attack due to the plaque that hardened and narrowed the arteries that supplies the heart and other organs with oxygen-rich blood." One of the doctors say. "You can slow or stop atherosclerosis by taking care of the risk factors. That means a healthy diet, exercise, and no smoking. These changes won't remove blockages, but they're proven to lower the risk of heart attacks and strokes. Drugs for high cholesterol and high blood pressure will slow and may even halt atherosclerosis. They could also lower your risk of hearts attack and strokes." 

"The food groups and items that form the basis of a heart-healthy diet are vegetables, fruits, grains, diary products, and protein rich foods. Vegetables good choices include fresh and frozen varieties of almost any vegetables. It's important, though, to limit vegetables in creamy sauces, high sodium canned vegetables, and those that are fried or breaded. For fruits the fresh and frozen fruits, as well as those canned or preserved in juice or water, are good choices, but avoid fruits canned in heavy sugar based syrup." I look at Riley and see her writing down everything. A smile is forced on my face seeing her care that much. "As in grains whole grains should form the basis of your grain intake. Good choices are whole-grain bread, high fibre cereals, whole-grain pasta, oatmeal, and brown rice. Avoid White bread ,Muffins, Frozen waffles, Snack crackers, Cornbread, Doughnuts, Biscuits, Cakes, and cookies. Low fat milk, cheese, and yogurt are good choices of diary products. Avoid full fat milk and other diary products in your diet. Last but not least avoid fatty or marbled meats, chicken wings, hot dogs and sausages, bacon, and breaded or fried meat."

"She will have to stay with us for 3-4 days." another doctor says. "Some tests have to be done." He adds.

We are sitting in the CCU. I haven't really talked to Riley since, because of everything that happened and the rush. She stands up and sit beside me. Not saying anything she takes my hand in her. I smile at her. "Sorry Riles we had to leave Italy." I say rubbing her hand with my free hand. "James you don't have to apologize. It's okay. What's important now is Deborah." She says. I smile again before turning to Piper. "Piper take Taylor and Lily and go home."

"But James-" I quickly cut her "Piper you have rehearsals tomorrow you need to go."

I turn back to Riley. "And you babe you have to go. I will stay here." She sighs and say "Okay only to take care of Lily, Taylor, and Piper. I will let them stay at ours." I nod before pulling her head to my mouth and kiss her forehead.

I Hope you like this chapter💗 also I changed to present tense and I feel more comfortable writing with it so the rest of the chapters will be in present tense.