Chapter 2.10

Dalia left Lydia's without getting cleaned up or anything. They went downstairs to eat, and then she made her way home.

When she walked in her brother noticed her hair from the kitchen. He decided to figure it out for himself. "Hey, D, come in here." Dalia went back down the few stairs she climbed and made her way into the kitchen. "What's up?"

"Where'd you sleepover last night?" Jordan asked making Liv confused as to why he cared. "Lydia's why?"

"No fucking way," Jordan said. Liv and Dalia looked at him confused. "Why are you so surprised? She sleeps over there more than she sleeps here," Liv said.

"She hooked up with Lydia, dumbass," Jordan exposed Dalia. Liv's and Dalia's eyes widened. "What? N-no I didn't." "You have messy sex hair," Jordan told her. "No, I don't," Dalia said fixing her hair quickly. "Oh you two definitely hooked up," Liv said.

"So are you guys dating now?" Jordan asked. "What? No. Did you date every girl you hooked up with when Mom was being a pushover, Jordan?" Dalia asked making Jordan stay silent. "That's what I thought."

"So you two aren't dating?" Jordan asked. "No. We aren't. It was a one time thing, and it's never happening again. I have come to the conclusion that I'm straight. Very straight. Like I like di-" Jordan cut Dalia off before she could finish that sentence. "Okay we get it."

"Why Lydia? Is she not straight?" Liv asked. "No, she is, but she said we could hook up to see if I'm straight or not. And it worked. I am, thankfully," Dalia said.

"Why thankfully?" Jordan asked. "Because being part black is hard enough. I'd rather not double the oppression," Dalia answered. Liv and Jordan nodded their heads in understanding.

"The oppression of what?" Billy asked. Jordan and Liv stayed silent and looked at Dalia not sure what to say. They didn't want to out their sister, obviously.

"Being black and gay. Which good news, Dad, I figured out I am not." Liv and Jordan looked at Dalia surprised she told her dad so randomly.

"See, I told you you'd figure it out," Billy said giving her a kiss on the forehead. "Wait, you knew?" Jordan asked. Billy nodded his head. "Huh."

******

"I'm still not sure if anyone is listening to me," Liv said into her mic. "Nobody is," Jordan said making Liv retort back to him, "Shut up, Jordan."

However, Dalia was listening to her sister. "Welcome to "Liv the truth". I started this podcast, because not enough people know what's happening outside of their own little world. And until recently, I was one of them. But that changed after the incident with Crenshaw Cathy, the owner of the now daily picketed Bunch-o Fro-Yo. That's when I realized I was living in my Beverly Hills bubble. No matter where I go, day or night, I always feel safe, because I'm cut off from the rest of the world, but there's a world out there where people aren't so lucky, a world where you can't barbecue while black, sell cigarettes while black, buy mentos while black, mow your neighbor's lawn while black. He was 12, by the way. Get on an elevator while black, swim in your pool while black, study in your college dorm while black, or sit on your couch in pajamas eating ice cream in your own damn home while black. Want me to stop? Well, I want these to stop. This world is not okay. And it's a lot closer than you think. We need to be aware of the world outside of our bubble."

"Yes Liv! You tell 'em!" Dalia yelled out making Liv laugh. Dalia was proud of her sister for speaking up against these injustices. Liv was right that they lived in a bubble, and they were luckier than a lot of other black people in the world. Dalia was excited for her sister. She was ready to see her speak out and unleash her inner activist.