~deadly desert~

Third person POV

Elliot stood in front of a corkboard with pictures and red string. The basement was decently lit with the corners being pitch black. Below the corkboard there was a table that had a crumpled picture of Milly, a butcher's knife and a small bottle of rat poison. His fingers traced the cluttered corkboard, he passed Zoey's and Jakes pictures, with their faces crossed out in red paint. His fingers stopped at one photo. Lia. I guess that cookie recipe will be useful. Those cookies will be to die for.(I couldn't resist, I'm sorry-). Elliot walked home from the abandoned building and headed home, clutching the rat poison bottle in his hand. He walked into the house, empty.
"It's a good thing they're not home yet." He muttered under his breath.

He walked into the kitchen and took out a cookbook and began to flip through it. He stopped at a familiar page. He then began to get work on the cookies with a little surprise. The timer rang and Elliot took out the cookies to let them cool off. After the cookies cooled off Elliot placed them in small bag and attached a small note to it :
_Weight Loss Cookie For People On Diets! :)_
He then tossed the bag of cookies into his school bag.
The next day
Elliot arrived at school early and it was time to plant the trap in place. Of course he'd gather information on his targets, he eventually arrived at Lia's locker and picked it to place in the cookies. He then walked happily to the garden to water his roses.

Elliots POV

I took an old rusted watering can, sure it was old and everyone else had new ones but it has its own charm to it. I filled it up and headed to the rose bush and I began to water it. It was my favorite thing in this garden, I mean after all it reminded me of Milly, my Milly.

Lia's POV

First Zoey, now Jake? It's been three days after the death in our school, everyone is obviously deeply saddened by this, some not as sad. I trudged to my locker. ?. It's been opened, let's hope they didn't take anything. I opened the locker to find a small bag of cookies, I smiled sadly and took one cookie out of the bag and bit into it. Before I knew I already finished the small bag of cookies. I sighed as the bell rang. I headed to class feeling a strange feeling of fatigue. I walked to class and sat down out of breath. Sure I wasn't the most athletic person out there but it was a short distance. Why would I feel out of breath?
"Lia?" The teacher called out.
"Here.." I answered sleepily.
My eyelids felt heavy and I fell asleep, waking up to the bell ringing. I trudged to my next class still out of breath and I practically collapsed into the chair. I rested my chin on my hand.
"Ermm, Lia?" The teacher said with a tone of worry.
"Yes?" I answered.
"Your nose is bleeding, go to the bathroom." The teacher added.
I stood up and headed to the bathroom being even more out of breath, I washed my face and stared into the mirror. My gums are bleeding too? I let out a sigh in annoyance. I coughed only to find blood on my hands. What's wrong with me? I felt a wave of worry come over me. My vision then went foggy and I fell against the tiled bathroom floor, blood staining my mouth and face.

Third person POV

A girl with two braids walked into the bathroom to find a dead Lia lying on the cold tiled floor.
"AAAAAAHHHHH!" The girl screamed out.