Accepting

"Accepting the truth, and the consequences"

I sat there in shock of the words that came out of his mouth.

"We're demons"

I couldn't believe it. "D-Demons?!" I stuttered in slight fear. Muzan looked at me, observing my every move. "Yes, demons." He confirmed. I stood straight up and backed away slightly. "I-I.. B-But demons don't exist..." I shakily whispered. "They do." Muzan sighed in disappointment. I could feel my hands shaking in slight fear. He stood up and walked towards me.
"W-wait what are you doing.." He reached out to face and I flinched back in fear. He paused. "I suppose you need some time to process this." He sighed again. He backed off and left the room.

'I don't understand.. I've never heard of real demons before.. they're just myths right? He must be joking.. but... he did kill everyone at the count's mansion. Not to mention everyone here looks so exotic..'  I thought for a moment.

'Maybe he is a demon.. that's frightening to think about..' I rubbed my head in frustration. "Uggghhh! I didn't ask for this shit!" I covered my mouth. 'Oops I didn't mean to swear.. luckily nobody heard that.' I sighed in relief.

"But.. even if he is a demon.." I mumbled. "..." I blushed heavily. 'I think I'm starting to fall in love with him.' I slapped myself. 'No no no no! I shouldn't fall for him this is wrong.' I rubbed my temples in frustration.

'I don't feel resentment towards him for being a demon.. but.. it does scare me a little. Kireina also.. I actually want to be friends with her, even if she's a demon.' I thought. I walked towards the door and stopped in front of it. "Kireina?" I knocked on the door. Almost immediately the door opened and in came Kireina.

"Yes Lady (Y/N)?" She bowed. I smiled slightly at her. "So you're a demon?" I said, slightly wavering.
"So he told you?" She raised an eyebrow. "Yes he did." I nodded. She smiled slightly. "I hope this doesn't effect my job as your maid." I widened my eyes slightly. I wasn't really expecting her to answer like that.  I smiled slightly at her. "I don't think it will." I walked over to her and she widened her eyes in surprise.
"What are you-" I pulled her into a hug and she tensed up.

I released her and smiled. "What was that for?" She asked with a confused look. "Well I don't know.. I just wanted to hug you." I replied, scratching my head nervously. She raised an eyebrow at this. "Hah okay I guess?" She put her hands on her hips and gave a playful smile. I gave her a genuine smile in return. She looked at me kind of dazed.

Kireina's POV

'So bright.. her smile is.. beautiful.' I snapped out of it and cleared my throat. "Now, I should go return to my duties, if you need anything else just knock and I'll be there." The (H/C) haired girl nodded and walked back towards her bed. I closed the door and sighed slightly. 'That girl is too good for this fortress..' I made my way to Muzan's quarters, he told me he needed something from me and I will not make him wait more than I already have. My heels echoed loudly in the corridor and I stopped in front of the grand set of doors. I knocked once and waited for my orders.

"Come in." The man said simply. I opened the doors and bowed before him. "My Lord, what am I needed for?" I asked, trying my best not to do anything to irritate the powerful man. "Silence." I started shaking and held my breath. He walked towards me and stood right in front of me. I looked up to meet his dangerous eyes and he glared at me. I quickly looked back down in fear. "I need you to get close to (Y/N) and get her to tell you everything that happens to her in her days and everything that she knows right now." I was surprised at this. "But- my lord why?" I looked up at him. I quickly regretted saying it as he grabbed my chin harshly and glared into my eyes. "You dare question me?" He clenched his jaw. I felt myself tear up. "P-Please! Forgive my insolence I will never do it again!" I whimpered. "I'll do as you ask! I am loyal to you, so please forgive this lowly insect." I desperately tried to convince him. "I'll forgive you.. after your punishment." He said, smirking slightly. I widened my eyes in fear. He grew claws and the next thing I knew he had ripped out my heart and held it in front of me, taunting me.

I bit back the scream that was fighting to escape and whimpered in the extreme pain I was feeling. My body slowly started to heal and I coughed up a bit of blood. "Now, you are forgiven." He threw my heart in front of me and turned around. "Clean up after your mess or there will be a much worse punishment." He said. I quickly grabbed my heart and put it back inside myself to heal. I used my kimono to clean up the blood on the floor and quickly ran out of the room.

I was breathing heavily and speed walked to a bathroom to clean myself up. 'I'm sorry (Y/N) but I guess I have to spy on you now.'

Word count: 933