Chapter Ten

Y/N woke up early the next morning

Y/N woke up early the next morning. She got ready with a pep in her step.

She styled her hair and placed some sweet-smelling oils on her body.

She was so excited to see Alexios after the conversation she had with him yesterday. She didn't want to admit it but she was slowly becoming fond of the charming assassin.

Getting used to his...job was going to get some getting used to if she could get used to it at all.

"Y/N."

The young woman turned her hair to look at the person calling for her.

She saw her blonde haired friend peaking her head in through the door. "You're up, I was wondering if you wanted to help me prepare breakfast?"

Y/N smiled and walked over to her friend. "I was actually about to ask you the same thing. I was about to head down and get started."

Zora smiled and grabbed Y/N's hand. "Well, let's not just stand here." Zora pulled Y/N out of the room and down the stairs.

Y/N laughed, "What's the rush?"

Zora joined in. "Whenever is it not a rush."

The two entered the kitchen and immediately went to work while they continued to talk.

"There must be a reason why you're rushing. You're normally so relaxed." The woman noted while cracking some eggs.

The blue-eyed girl huffed and pouted. "How do you always know?"

Y/N chuckled and started to stir the eggs. "Have you forgotten? I am basically your sister. I know everything."

"I guess so." Zora walked over to the vegetables, to start cutting. "Well, if you must know. Ellis is planning on taking me with him on a little trip."

The young woman stopped stirring and turned to look at her friend in surprise. "A little trip?!"

"You are making it seem like a big deal." The blonde said passively and started to cut another vegetable. "I won't be gone for more than a week, and Ellis already got the trip approved by Demir."

"You are too calm about this." Y/N walked over to the fire pit and lit it. "Hurry cutting those vegetables, we don't have too long and no one brought in firewood today so we have to work with what we have."

"Got it, boss." Zora joked.

While Zora was cutting vegetables, Y/N decided to get some herbs to season the eggs with. "I'll be back in a few minutes, don't slack while I'm gone." Y/N grabbed a basket for the herbs and walked out of the house into the herb garden.

She plucked out some parsley, basil, and thyme. "This should be enough for now."

She turned around and bumped into a tall figure. The girl grimaced in pain before rubbing her head and looking up.