Chapter Thirty

The warm sunlight had kissed the land and encouraged people to start the day

The warm sunlight had kissed the land and encouraged people to start the day. Animals woke and tended to their children, birds started chirping, the world felt alive.

The morning started calmly. The sun rose again and the helots tended to the crops at dawn while the Spartans trained as usual.

Y/N had spent the morning with Zora, she tried to convince her to join her cause. However, Zora stayed loyal to Elis. Y/N respected her decision and with a heavy heart, she went back to her shared room with Ares.

He was getting better, thanks to her. She decided that he would not harm her plans in the condition he was in and poisoning him further would only lead to more complications. She smiled as she walked into the room and saw him calmly reading a book. 

She sat on the chair in the corner of the room. "How are you feeling, my love? Better?" 

He smiled and placed the book down. "I'm feeling amazing, love. I'll be back on the battlefields soon." 

She titled her head. "So soon. Are you sure?"

He nodded. "Of course. I believe that the gods are on our side." 

She slowly stood up and sauntered over to him. "Is that right?" She stood at his bedside.

"Yes."

"I'm glad."

She kissed him on the cheek before walking out of the room. It looked like, she would have to give him another cup of her special tea. She couldn't have him feeling too good. 

🕊️

The sun was starting to set on another regular day. Nothing interesting had happened and the people of Sparta continued their life as usual. Warm colors painted the sky and the sun wished the day farewell. 

Y/N sighed as she watched the sunset, it was time for her to retire to her room. She calmly trudged up the stairs and caressed her stomach as she made her way to her shared room. 

She had a feeling that she would be welcoming someone special into her life very soon.

She slowly closed the door and made her way into the room. Her eyes widened when she saw Ares standing and looking out the window. 

She covered her surprised expression with a smile. "My love, you're standing again." She walked over to him and placed her hand on his arm. "How do you feel?" 

He continued to stare out the window. "Like a man who has an evil conniving wife."

Her eyes widened. She turned away from him, her eyes drifted in the direction of the bed. 

 She blinked at the mug, the full mug to be correct. 

"I wasn't asleep that night if you're confused."