10: 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓

☾︎

☾︎

Later that day, Eunbi was cooped up inside her room. She was burning, her temperature rising into a fever. She tried to suppress it when she had breakfast earlier since she didn't want to trouble her mother but a few hours later, it became unbearable for her that she had to run back to her room just to lie down.

She covered her whole body with a blanket, shutting her eyes closed and hoping that the massive headache she was experiencing would just go away. The medkit was located in the comfort room just across her door but she didn't want to get up which made the problem even worse because without taking any medicine, her temperature would continue to rise even more.

"Eunbi, dear!" Her mother called. "I'm going to the supermarket to buy groceries. Would you like me to buy something for you?"

Eunbi cleared her throat, inhaling a deep breath as she tried to make her voice sound as normal as possible. "Pizza, please!"

"Okay, noted honey. By the way, Jay is waiting for you outside with another handsome young man. Wear something proper before seeing them, alright? I'm trusting Jay with you," her mother strictly said before leaving, the sound of her footsteps moving farther away from her room.

"Jay? With who?" Eunbi mumbled to herself. She silently cursed as she sat up, feeling the throbbing headache worsen as she did so. Putting on her jacket once again, she slowly walked out of her room, cautiously holding onto the wall with every step she took.

Crap, I really should have taken medicine beforehand, she thought to herself once she saw her vision go unsteady. The feeling of lightheadedness increased even more when she had reached the door. Twisting the doorknob, she swung the door open.

"Jay? What are you..." Eunbi trailed off, seeing another person right beside Jay.

"Eunbi, are you okay?"

"I am--" Eunbi attempted to speak but couldn't finish her words, seeing dark spots cloud her vision.

"Eunbi!"

She lost consciousness.

☾︎