18: 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆

☪

Eunbi was frustrated. Sunghoon wasn't telling him anything and she grew worried with every second that passed by. The messages she got - it constantly reminded her that her time was almost up. That Sunghoon's death is just around the corner.

"Why can't you just tell me?" Eunbi asked him, worry lacing her tone. She gently held his hand and took a step closer.

"I-I can't. Not right now." Sunghoon avoided her eyes, gently pushing her hand away.

"Please, Sunghoon. I understand what you're feeling but you have to let me know what is happening," she begged.

Her words had awakened something inside of him and the pent-up emotions he was hiding for so long came bursting out. It was unfortunate that Eunbi was on the receiving end.

"Why do you keep asking me? If I don't want to tell you then don't force me to."

Eunbi's eyes widened, her hand desperately reaching for his. "I just want you--"

"No, you don't understand me. No one ever does. You're so lucky you have such nice parents. Your mother is home, your father is working abroad. You have money, you have happiness, you have everything!" Sunghoon snapped, pausing as he lowered his gaze onto the floor.

But If I lose you, I lose everything, Sunghoon.

"Me? I have nothing. I'm left with my father's debts. I have so many problems in my life. Don't act as if you know me so well, Eunbi." Sunghoon couldn't stop the bitter words that came out of his mouth. "You're so lucky to be treated like such a princess."

Eunbi took a step back, her lips quivering as she bit back a sob. Her heart clenched painfully as she took another step backward, and another, until she was out of his house, running wherever her legs could take her.

I just wanted him to open up to me but now he hates me. God, you're so stupid, Eunbi.

She halted, feeling the unmistakable vibration of her phone inside her pocket.

╭─────────╮

it seems like you've
shortened his time.

will you be able to
undo the mess
you have created?

╰─────────╯