Goodbye Nic

I wake up in my childhood bed cozied up in Noah's arms, today is the day of Nicole's funeral. Its been a week since she overdosed and I still feel as if every second I could start balling. I run my hands through my hair as I slip out of Noah's grip, I climb out of bed and slip on Noah's hoodie and fluffy socks.

I walk downstairs to see my mom cooking pancakes in the kitchen, I continue walking through to the dining room where I see Max and Mark sitting there next to their girlfriends (Lucy and Kate). "Where's Noah." Lucy says directed to me "Passed out upstairs." I respond.

Mom walks out of the kitchen holding a plate of pancakes, "Brookey, grab Noah so he doesn't miss out." I nod. I run upstairs and into my bedroom where I see Noah still passed out on the bed. I walk over to his side of the bed and run my hands through his hair. His eyes flutter open "Morning sleepyhead." I chuckle. He pulls me back into bed, I laugh "We have to get up my mom made breakfast."

After a couple minutes we finally walked downstairs hand in hand and sit down at the table. After a lengthy family conversation later everyone finishes eating, I stand up and collect everyone's plates and take them to the kitchen. I start scrubbing the plates and placing them in the dishwasher, when I feel familiar hands wrap around my waist followed by a waft of the cologne I know and love. "Can we go back to bed now I hear him whisper in my ear," I giggle and shake my head.

5 minutes go by and I finally finish washing the plates yet Noah is still attached to me, he finally lets go as I begin to walk out of the kitchen. "The service starts at 12:30 so we're leaving at 11, everyone needs to be down here at 10:45." I hear my mom yell from the dining room. I take my phone out and read the time 9:05, this causes me to run up the stairs. I make it to my room and head for my dresser before two hands wrap around my waist, "Someones a bit clingy this morning." I say trying to find something black to wear, at this point I'm trying to stay happy and positive so I don't have to admit the pain I'm going through. He pouts at me as I look at him through the mirror, I smile before he continues "Baby can we just go back to bed a little longer." I turn to face him "Bubby we have to get read for the service." I comb my fingers through his hair as his head falls to my chest. He groans as I get away from his grip, he pouts as I plant a kiss on his lips.

After finally getting dressed we both walk downstairs where I see my outside family sitting in the lounge room

After finally getting dressed we both walk downstairs where I see my outside family sitting in the lounge room. I walk over to where my grandma is sitting and she stands up and wraps her arms tightly around me, she looks to wear Noah is. "Whose this handsome man?" she smiles "This is my boyfriend, Noah." He puts his hand out and she swats it away pulling him into a hug. I laugh as I walk over to say hi to other people, I make it to my younger cousin who is only 5 years younger. I see her red puffy eyes and I wrap her into a hug and I can feel the vibrations of her body as she cries. "Oh annie, it's okay she's in a better place now." I can feel my eyes tear up but I hold it back because I know I need to be strong for everyone else.

We make it to the service and everything goes smoothly and its my turn to speak, I stand up out of my chair and walk to the front and pull my paper out from my pocket. I look around at everyone, "You know, I had something written to say but I don't think it will every be able to tell the story of my little sister. Nikki was always such a beautiful and bubbly person always putting everyone else in front of herself." I take a breath as I feel tears well up in my eyes. I make it through my speech without mascara running down my face and the service for that matter.

We all make it back home after a long day of crying, I wish I didn't have to go back to la I wish I could stay a little longer. But I knew things had to get back to normal, that's what nikki would've wanted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey baes,

I'm really liking this story so if you have any suggestions comment them below. Thank you for 1k reads I honestly cannot believe it love you all a ton xx.