Chapter 12

Random Westford High fact:

Televisions aren't included in every dorm room, as the last time, every single one got smashed by the students. However, the school could still provide them if both occupants of the same room request for them.

Meh, but nowadays, these peeps don't really bother much with that huehue

Enjoy~

Ch. 12: Apology

><><><

Finnlay didn't know exactly what was going on. He was just relieved to finally come back to his room after an exhausting day. Yet here he was, pinned to the wall by a poker-faced Chase. He swore he had no recollection at all of possibly pissing his roommate off, so why in the world would he be standing so close to him, eyeing him up and down as if he did something he shouldn't have done?

Despite the sudden gesture and distance, somewhere in the confused brunette's mind, something was telling him that it wasn't really that bad. Actually, with their bodies just a few inches away from each other, it was enough for a faint scent of mint and vanilla to come wafting through the pinned male's nose. Just having inhaled that scent was enough for Finnlay to strangely feel his insides stir. In addition to that, the way he was stared down by Chase, dark orbs almost digging through his very being; made his knees buckle.

"U-Uhm. . . Chase?" Finnlay choked out, timidly staring up at the taller male.

"D-Did I do anything wrong, b-by any chance?"

It seemed like the question earned him some reaction from the other male. Though it was small, he noticed that slight widening of his eyes. A deep sigh escaped Chase's lips, his warm and minty breath fanning the smaller male's face, further triggering yet another strange reaction from him.

Without a warning, Chase had raised his right hand. Finnlay watched in anticipation what he was going to do. But when he realized that his hand was nearing towards his injury, he couldn't help but flinch in alarm. Seeing this, the ravenette halted his action, his fingers hovering over the bandage on the brunette's nose.

"That. . ." Chase spoke, his deep voice resonating through the other male with the closeness the two had.

"I'm sorry."

It took a couple of seconds before Finnlay could fully process what the apology was meant for. His eyes widened in realization.

"O-Oh, you mean this?" He pointed to his bandage. "It's alright! It was an accident after all. It still hurts, but not as much as before, so. . ."

Finnlay raised his head, giving the opposite male a soft, reassuring smile. Chase didn't respond to him as he slowly started pulling his hand back. However, as soon as the smaller male's eyes wandered down to it, did it get pulled back.

"A-Ah, your hand!" Finnlay exclaimed, grasping the other's hand to examine the darkening on the wounds of his knuckles. He didn't get to look at it completely from before, but now that he was, he could see how it seemed like it wasn't having any progress healing at all. From the small trickle of blood appearing on the cracked skin, he could tell that the wound had definitely been aggravated while it was still fresh.

Just from having someone suddenly grab his hand, and how he had just been exposed as if he had just done the world's most serious crime, Chase's usual reaction would've been something harsh like swinging a hard punch or strangling the other person until he was begging for forgiveness (no strange kinks included). However, in this current situation, something stopped him from doing so. It might just be because he thought further pointless struggle would be stupid, or his violent reactions actually depended on whoever was standing in front of him.