Chapter 1

Made this quick art as the cover, but RIP anatomy and this blasted Wattpad quality
•́ ‿ ,•̀

Henlo, and welcome to yet another one of my attempt of an original story. My first bxb story at that! I hope you'll like it, even though this is my first time dabbling into the world of creating this type of story.

Enjoy~

Ch. 1: His New Life

-•-•-•-

He stared down at his worn-out sneakers, crunching the soles against the cobble road as he waited for his mother to settle the baggages in the awaiting cab's trunk. Perched on his head are a pair of headphones, music blasting away that's enough to drown out the disturbing buzzing noise of the outside world.

Once Finnlay's mother finally put down the baggage with the help of the kind cab driver, she turned to his timid son, who's still looking away with a rather. . . distanced look in his hazel eyes.

She walked over to him, tapping him on the shoulder to get his attention. Finnlay flinched with the contact, quickly sliding his headphones down to his neck then facing his mother.

"You good to go?" She asked, a soft smile splaying on her lips.

No, I don't really know. . . Was what Finnlay had in his mind. But, not wanting to answer her with that, he forced a nod instead. The cab driver waited as mother and son boarded the vehicle, then off they went.

Finnlay perched his headphones back on his head, his eyes glazing over with a look of sadness as the sight of his house slowly got further and further away.

-•-•-•-

"You must be Mrs. Diaz and son!"

A bright kind man stepped down the stairs leading down to Finnlay and his mother as they stood by the entrance of the school. Finnlay watched her mother interact with the man. He was shorter than him, with a round belly, and gray thinning hair. His mustache and other facial features reminded him of Dr. Phil, from that show he once saw in tv.

After giving Mrs. Diaz a handshake, he turned to his son beside her. Finnlay's shoulders jumped in surprise when they made eye contact, his round rimmed glasses bouncing slightly on the bridge of his nose.

"You must be Finnlay," the man asked, stepping over to the slightly taller, younger male. Out of respect, Finnlay had removed his headphones once more and slung them around his neck.

"My name is Phillip Johnson. I'm the principal here. I welcome you to Westford High."

He extended a hand out, to which Finnlay accepted, shaking hands with him. I wonder if somebody else calls him Dr. Phil, the chestnut-haired male wondered to himself.

Mrs. Diaz knew it was time for her to go ahead, since she was supposed to be just dropping her son off. Much to Finnlay's discomfort however, he looked down at his mother, a flicker of fear flashing on his eyes.

She smiled that same gentle smile, bringing her hands up to cup her son's cheeks, her thumb stroking his freckled skin.

"You'll be fine, hijo. It's going to be okay," she said in that comforting motherly tone, tilting Finnlay's head down to give him a soft kiss on the forehead.

"I love you so much. Be good, okay? I'll call you as many times as I can."

Normally, any 18-year old would've whined and told their mothers to stop doing something like giving them a kiss, or saying such things. But in Finnlay's case, that would possibly be the last time he'll ever get to feel his mother's gentle touch. And it scared him.