Chapter Nine: Under the light of the moon

It's been about three years since I got (Y/N) Daroga and he's been more lovable and protective around (Y/N) lately. It usually happens when I'm around. To be honest, I have started to grow feelings for her lately. Who wouldn't? But I don't see why Daroga is being protective. Does he know my feelings for (Y/N) somehow? I wouldn't be all too surprised if that's the case. Speaking of (Y/N), maybe I need to tell her how I feel.

But what if she doesn't feel the same way about me? How do I even ask?! And how do I do it while Daroga is on guard like always? This will be tough. I went to find (Y/N) who was in the chocolate room with Daroga just playing. Daroga had definitely grown big the last three years he was probably already big enough to be a proper guard dog. He noticed me, ran over to me and tackled me to the floor also causing my hat to fall over, smothering me in kisses.

"Nice to see you too, Daroga," I said patting his head.

Daroga got off with (Y/N)'s help before helping me up.

"Sorry about Daroga," she said, "was there something you needed?"

"There was but... Daroga probably won't like it," I said.

"Daroga is just protecting the ones he loves most. But why won't he like it?"

"Like you said, he's protective but he's overprotective of you. Especially when I'm around."

(Y/N) thought for a moment and then managed to detract Daroga long enough for me to drag her out the room before Daroga noticed. I took her to the Wonkavator and pressed the up and out button taking us out into the starry night. All part of my plan which I'm praying will work. I told her to have a look and when she did, she gasped.

Being among the stars must've been better than looking up at them from the ground. I have found her in the courtyard outside near the gates trying to draw the starry sky but, just from looking at the drawing, it wasn't the greatest and (Y/N) wasn't scared to admit that. She is not scared of criticism apparently. I looked out the other window up at the moon. Well, it's now or never.

I slowly went to kiss her and she surprisingly kissed back. I'm not too surprised because she did mention her love in our song but it was still surprising. I've never kissed anyone before, not even a girl. We separated and looked in each other's eyes.

"Now I know why Daroga was being protective. I think he sent your love for me and I don't think he was all too fond of that," (Y/N) said.

"Well now he'll have to. Car, vois-tu, chaque jour je t'aime davantage, aujourd'hui plus qu'hier et bien moins que demain."

(Translation: For, you see, each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow)

(Y/N) giggled, "Ich liebe dich auch, mein Süßigkeitenmann."

(Translation: I love you too my candy man.)

I was surprised. Smiling, I kissed her again but she separated when she noticed something. She asked if I was actually made of candy because I tasted of chocolate. I told her it was a new invention I've been working on. A flavoured lip balm. Mostly used for girls but can also be used to surprise your loved ones, just like I just did. She just called me a geek and kissed me again. We soon returned to the factory only to see that Daroga was waiting for us with my hat in his mouth. I didn't put my hat back on before we left. Over time, Daroga warmed up to (Y/N) and I dating and he became less protective of her. He still stayed by her side which was still great. I like to think she is protected even when I'm not with her. What more can you want out of life with a beautiful girl by your side?

(A/N: imma end it here. I don't know what I'm writing anymore. See you next chapter)