Chapter 2

The room was silent. As the cold air floated throughout the room, a drop of hope escaped from Nicki's eyes to the wooden floor. Her body shook in depression and fear. She was losing what she thought she'd win. A head lifted out of anger and into the eyes of her love. His timbs creaked the floor as he flew to Nicki's side but all he could see was the phone she hammered in his face. He saw the text. The text he messaged his homeboy in New York. He explained to him how she doesn't pay attention to him anymore and he wants to leave her but can't. Safaree was dumbfounded. He didn't know what to say to her. His expression mirrored his integrity fully and Nicki could see it.

"Why would you do this to me?" The room was silent as Nicki continued, "What? You think I wasn't going to find out about some shit like this?"

"Nic, calm down. I didn't write that," Safaree said shockingly.

As Nicki began to speak, she punctuated every word, "Then who did Safaree, because I clearly remember this your goddamn phone, your goddamn friend and your goddamn words. Don't fucking lie to me."

"Nicki what are we doing? I'm not lying. I didn't write that shit. Don't mess with me."

"Mess with you?" Nicki hit him on the chest, "How the FUCK am I fucking messing with yo ass?"

Nicki started to cry, "Why would you say this? I've given everything up for you, I've given you everything. Is that not enough?"

"I need love Nic, we don't love each other anymore like we used to. It was different before," Safaree wipes a tear and tries to hold Nicki, but she cuts him her nail. The blood spills onto imported Asian rugs.

As she rushes to get a cloth, she starts to cry hysterically. "WHAT THE FUCK," as she cries. She grabs a dish and slams it into her kitchen wall.

"Nic," Safaree runs to comfort her.

"Get the FUCK off me," she pushes him. "Here," she hands him the cloth and a band-aid.

"Can we please talk about this?" Safaree Nicki to the front room and she turns around quickly.

"Talk about what? How you're not in love with me anymore? How does that make me feel Faree? Tell me. You couldn't have been blunt about that shit and tell me. Instead of my ass looking like the fucking dumb one. Fuck you Safaree. I want you gone. You can stay in the out-house in the other room but you can't fucking stay in my fucking home."

Safaree dropped the cloth and hug her from behind.

"Don't touch me." Nicki said overwhelmingly.

(This part is continued in the prologue.)