57

Dinah-

I'm sitting at my desk at HEH, in the same fog I've been in since Mani disappeared. I'm really worried about her, even more so since Derrick is also in the wind.

I'm staring at a picture of her, and the sonogram of our baby. I miss her so much and I can only hope that our baby is ok. Sammy and Taylor walk into my office with their laptops in hand.

They are followed by Zeed, Sawyer and Rose, they are the only ones that know of my relationship with Mani. They have been helping me search for her ever since she's gone missing.

"Anything?" I know I sound eager, but Mani is about 6 months pregnant now.

"We might of found a connection to Derrick in Oklahoma. It might be a long shot, but there was movement on his debit card, which has not been used in over 3 months. I'm trying my best to log in the security cameras where it was used, but I'm having a hard time."

"Well, it's something." I say, rubbing my hands through my hand.

My cell phone buzzes on my desk and I see a number from Texas. I pick it up.

"Hansen ." I snap.

"D-?" I stand up, I can't believe my ears.

"Mani? Where are you?"

"I think I'm somewhere in Texas." She tells me and I can hear a lot of commotion around.

"Where in Texas?" I ask.

"I don't know. I hopped on the first bus I could. Dinah, I need you." Her voice cracks.

"I need a trace on this number now!" I tell Sammy and Taylor . I give them the number and they start getting to work.

"I'm coming to get you mani. How are you? How's the baby?" I ask in a rush.

"I'm scared." She whispers. "I don't want him to find me Dinah . He wants to sell our baby." She blurts out.

"He what?" I shout.

"That's why he took me. He found the sonogram. If he sells the baby on the black-market he can make millions. So he took me somewhere in Oklahoma. And I kind of been in a basement ever since. He finally got drunk enough and I stole his debit card and got on the first bus."

"Mani...."

"Dinah I'm so scared. Please. I would of never left you I swear."

"I know, baby. I didn't think that."

"Found it DJ." Sammy tells me. "She's at a bus station in Amarillo."