Chapter 20 - The One at Hot Pot

-

Surreal.

Tenya traced his fingers over Peri's sleeping curves, admiring her parted lips, her softened brow, her lash shadows across her freckle constellations. She'd fallen asleep reading, fantasy novel dusting the floor in her relaxed grip. Plucking it from her grasp, Tenya folded her discarded bookmark into her place and set it aside on the nearest table, kneeling at her side.

It still felt surreal that she was at his house... That she had been there for a week already, and that they had three more weeks together.

He didn't want to wake her, but it was time for breakfast. "Peri, dear," he whispered, tangling his fingers in hers, "It's time to eat. Are you hungry?"

She groaned, pursed her lips, and tried to roll away from him. "Go away," she grumbled, "Sleep time. Je suis un rocher."

Chuckling, Tenya sifted his hands through her tousled blonde hair, catching the knots and working through them with his deft fingers. "My mother made crêpes, just for you," he said, carefully working through a large tangle.

Peri stirred at that, rolling over to face him with skeptical, squinted eyes. "Your mother, patron saint of home cooking, made crêpes?"

"She did indeed," he smiled.

Peri muttered a curse and rubbed her eyes. "Okay, I'm coming."

"I would like to confirm with my own eyes that you are, in fact, getting up," Tenya said. He moved to get out of her way, handing Peri her glasses from the table where she'd left them.

"Shut up," she laughed, sitting up and swatting at him playfully. Peri stretched, arms up over her head, and yawned. "I'm getting up, I promise!" She gestured at herself and smiled at him sleepily.

He swooped in and trapped her in his arms, nuzzling his face into her neck to tickle her. She squealed and tried to pry herself free, but her giggles only spurred him on. Tenya kissed up her throat, pausing at her chin. "I am withholding all coffee privileges if you don't meet me in the dining room in five minutes," he whispered, breath on her neck sending shivers crawling across Peri's skin. Tenya sped from the room, leaving Peri dazed.

"Withholding coffee privileges my ass!" She laughed, launching herself from the couch and hot on his heels.

-

"Hey, I just got a text from Midoriya," Tenya said. He sat up straight and wiped the sweat away from his brow, looking across the gym at his girlfriend, who was busy on the leg press. In the week and a half that they'd been on vacation, his phone had been pretty quiet, save for texts from Peri when they couldn't talk without being overheard.

Peri craned her neck to see him, and squinted. "What did he say?" She did another rep in time with the song playing over the speakers, her playlist choice that day, and winced at the burning in her thighs. Maybe she should have used less weight.

Tenya adjusted his glasses and opened the text. "It sounds like... Him and Todoroki want to know if we want to meet them for hot pot tomorrow downtown?" A double date?

"What's hot pot?" Peri grunted, keeping steady with her reps but quickly regretting the song she'd chosen to do the leg press to.

"It's like..." Tenya hesitated, trying to think of an accurate description, "Each person gets their own pot of broth, and we as a table order ingredients to put in our broth. It's usually all-you-can-eat, and we get the table for a certain amount of hours."

The song ended, and Peri sighed, rolling out of the leg press and sitting up. "Sounds fun! Let's do it!"

-