Chapter 2

"I don't see why you guys look so afraid," I mumbled, sticking another bite of Mama's famous spaghetti in my mouth. "I mean, seriously, it's an awesome idea!"

Care, Ysa and Lance looked at me with doubtful eyes. If I didn't need them so bad for this plan, then I would've told them to bug off, but I did need them, so it was time for me to play very nicely.

"But what if my mother finds out? I'm a-" Ysa slid her index finger across her throat for dramatic effect. "Goner!"

Care sighed. "Oh, Ysa you're mother is a very nice woman."

Ysa's eyes bugged out and she interrupted saying, "Yeah, when she is sleeping. Any other time, it’s like, RAWR GODZILLA IS ON THE LOOOOOSSEE!" She put her arms up, imitating her mother.

Lance and I chuckled, while Care looked at her with disapproving eyes. Care shot her eyes to glare at me and I stopped laughing, pretending that I had only been clearing my throat.

"Guys,” I stifled my laughter. "If you are in, then we need to go now. West gets back from basketball practice at seven, and it's six fifteen now. So, are you in?"

Lance sighed. "Sure."

I looked at Ysa. She grinned, rolling her eyes. "Only because you seriously need me."

Lastly, Care. Her bambi eyes stared at me and finally she let out a deep breath. "Karma's a real bitch, Eli. Keep that in mind."

I raised an eyebrow. "So is that a yes?"

She frowned. "I guess. But if this plan causes serious bad karma, then I'm telling her it was all you because I have no intention of waking up one day and finding that my hair is all gone and I break out in forty pimples and my goldfish dies and-"

"Care, Care, Care! Babe, it'll be okay. If your goldfish dies, you can buy another one for hundred pesos at aling Charing’s," Ysa, the voice of reason, patted her arm.

Care gasped. "There can never be another Twinkle Fins!"

I decided to go against my better judgment and ask why the hell she named her gold fish Twinkle Fins, and instead I kicked off my evil plan.

XX

"So, you see," I explained very carefully to the small girl. "I really need to see the entire photo's of West that you have. It is very important. Plus, I'll give you five bucks."

Angel was completely opposite of her evil brother. She took after her father, with her long blonde hair, big baby blue eyes and soft smile. She was the kind of kid you wanted to hug and never let go. And I'm not being sappy.

Her twin brother was the same, except I had learned from experience not to hug him too tightly. They didn't nickname him Gasman for nothing. It was a nickname that was well earned, believe me.

"Hmm," she tapped her chin, thinking. "What kind of photos are we talking about here?"

Ysa grinned. "The good ones. I'm sure you know where they are."

Gasman crossed his arms over his chest. "Of course we know where they are. Follow us."

For an eleven year old, they were pretty mature. I raised my eyebrows and chuckled when I saw Ysa doing the same. Care and Lance followed behind us, Care looking like she was about to pass out with guilt. I gave her a reassuring smile.

We crept quietly up their stairs and Angel led us into the bed room she and her brother shared together. She peeked out her door, looking side to side to make sure there were no witnesses, and then she shut the door and locked it.