Chapter 4

Some people would call what I did just plain out evil.

But, if you are like me, you would call it plain out genius. Let's hope you are the second one.

An automatic grin spread across my face as soon as I saw Care and Ysa standing by the school steps, waiting for me. Noticing my extremely chipper mood, YSA's face went pale.

"Who did you kill? West?"

I laughed, shaking my head. "Oh, I think by the end of the day West is going to want to kill himself. Pusta pa!"

"Why so happy?" Lance asked, walking to us.

"I just had the best wake up call this morning, that's all," I grinned.

And, hey, it wasn't a lie. Hearing West scream bloody murder was the best alarm clock I could have. It was the only alarm clock I didn't want to shut off right away. I waited impatiently for him to arrive. Surly he wouldn't skip school; no way would his parents let him. West was going to have to face coming to school, and being the laughing stock.

Again.

Now, once again, I'm not evil, am I?

Jude's bright red jeep wrangler spun into the parking lot. I eyed it, and saw somebody crawling out very slowly. The collar of their jacket was popped up, concealing the neck and a bit of the back of his head. The boy wore a stylish looking toboggan pulled down over his ears and he walked very, very slowly.

It could only be West.

Ah, so he was going to try and cover his new look, huh? Well, not on my watch. Luckily for me, Sasha spotted him first. She strode angrily towards him and pointed her index finger in his face.

"What is all of this?!" she demanded, waving a hand at his wardrobe. "We were supposed to match today! I specifically told you to wear a pink shirt with khaki pants, your white sneakers and your hair was supposed to be straightened. Good grief, West! Can't you get anything right?! What is all of this? And take that stupid hat off!" She reached off and snatched the hat right off of West's head, while he raised his hands up as fast as he could in an attempt to stop her. It was too late, and out of the grey hat fell what society now a day would call: Luscious Pink Hair.

Sasha's eyes got to be the size of Texas, Jude gasped from the driver’s seat, Lance, Care, and Ysa merely stood there laughing so hard I firmly believed they were going to have to change pants, and I, well I wore the biggest smirk anybody had ever wore in this entire universe.

I must say, pink was a good color for West.

Haha, not.

West with pink hair looked about as good as my Mama's hair in the morning. And let me tell you that did not look good.

West stood there, his face a mix of embarrassment and anger. Sasha dropped his hat on the grass and her face was getting so red, I thought it might soon match her hair.

"I said to wear a pink shirt," she said in a very strained voice. "Not to dye your hair, PINK!"

"Baby, I didn't-"West started to defend himself, but Sasha held up a finger, indicating she did not want to hear any of it. She let out a frustrated shriek and I barley stopped myself from rolling over with laughter when she stamped her foot. I thought they only did that in movies, but apparently I was mistaken. Then she turned around and stomped off to join her group of friends.

"Sasha, baby, wait!" West called after her.

A small group had clustered around the entire scene and West now noticed them.