4. Jet lag

"I don't wanna go", jungkook complains as he slumps further into his seat. Namjoon sighs and looks out of the plane window, blocking out his husband's childish whines.

"Are you ignoring me?", jungkook says and he sounds genuinely offended. Namjoon sighs again and turns his body sideways to face him. "Baby, we can't stay here for the rest of our life", he says softly.

Jungkook shakes his head fiercely, vaguely reminding Namjoon of yoongi when he's throwing a tantrum. But I wanna spend more time with you", he pouts. That coaxes out a laugh from namjoon. We can do that at home", he tries.

Jungkook pulls a face. "You're always busy when were home. And I have so many practices!", he exclaims, exaggerating the amount of work they usually have to do.

"Okay, how about I spend some more days with you at home? Will you be happy then?", namjoon offers, smiling internally because he knows jungkook will give in.

Jungkook pretends to think it over. "Okay", he then says leans back with a dramatic sigh.

"I just thought this was our honeymoon but guess not", he shrugs and pulls his sleep mask over his eyes, folding his arms on his chest.

Namjoon raises an eyebrow. "Honeymoon?", he questions. Jungkook just shrugs. Namjoon smiles. "I'm up for a second honeymoon then", he teases. Jungkook quickly sits back up, removing his sleep mask.

"Really?", he asks excitedly. Namjoon chuckles. "Really", he says and pinches his big nose. Jungkook scrunches his nose up and smiles widely. "Okay, we'll go to Helsinki", he says. Namjoon agrees easily, watching as Jungkook tips his head back happily, a content grin on his face.

"Prepare yourself for my jet lag, baby. Its gonna be pretty bad this time. I can feel it in my left nipple", jungkook says cheekily. "Shut up, dork", namjoon rolls his eyes. Your dork", jungkook says happily, looking up at namjoon with his big eyes.

Namjoon makes an effort to pull up the armrest separating them and rubs the back of Jungkook's palm with his thumb. "Only mine", he whispers, feeling warmth seep through his heart and into his whole body.

"You're warm", jungkook says and removes Namjoon's hand from over his and wraps it around his own shoulders. Namjoon gets the hint and moves a little towards the window so that jungkook can shift and get comfortable on his chest.

"How are you twenty three?", namjoon snorts. You act like a big, spolied baby". Jungkook smiles with his eyes closed, bringing his right hand to lightly hit Namjoon's chest. "You're the one spoiling me", he shrugs.

Namjoon hums. "Fair enough", he chuckles and tightens his hold around Jungkook's shoulders to pull him closer to himself, resting his head on Jungkook's. Suddenly, his eyes flicker up to the middle aged woman beside them, who's currently giving them a disgusted look.

Right, they have a seatmate. Namjoon almost forgot. He hopes she's giving them a disgusted look because of how cheesy they're being and not because she's homophobic.

Honestly, Namjoon really doesn't want his husband to give her a piece of his mind and have the flight attendants scold them.

"Are you gonna sleep during the whole ride?", Namjoon asks, shifting his attention to jungkook instead. Said man makes a noise that vaguely sounds like an annoyed whine. "I was almost asleep", he complains.

Namjoon rolls his eyes and looks down at him. Jungkook has his eyes closed and there's a small crease between his brows that makes him look frustrated. He probably is. "Sorry, go back to sleep", namjoon mumbles and rubs his back, helping him fall asleep.

Jungkook really reminds him of yoongi. Because all the things he has only ever done for yoongi are also the things he does for jungkook now. He smiles fondly to himself. "Stop thinking so loudly", jungkook mumbles out of the blue, startling namjoon.

"Sorry", he apologizes. "Sorry", he repeats. Before he can say it again, jungkook leans up and pecks his lips. "Shut up", he says and then tucks himself right under Namjoon's arm.

Namjoon stares at him weirdly but then shakes his head.

"You're something else", he mumbles and presses his head on Jungkook's just like he did before, ignoring the looks from their not so polite seatmate.
_______________________________________

"I'm so tired", jungkook complains for the hundredth time, leaning all his weight on namjoon. The older struggles to hold both their trolleys and Jungkook's backpack as he tries to coax him on his feet.

"Jungkook-ah, I'm gonna fall over if you walk like this", he says. Jungkook just whines, pressing harder against his side. "Please, baby. Its just a five minute walk", namjoon pleads.

Jungkook huffs and finally, finally stands straight, huffing as he takes his trolley from Namjoon walks ahead of the older, clearly angry. Namjoon just sighs and follows him to the exit.

As expected, their driver is already waiting for him outside the car and Jungkook is in the back seat, both arms crossed around his chest as he looks outside the window, not looking at namjoon.

Namjoon sighs and hands the trolley to the driver who puts it in the trunk and gets back behind the wheel. Namjoon views Jungkook's expression. He has a pout on his face and for the first time in months, namjoon doesn't find it cute. In fact, jungkook looks genuinely annoyed.

Namjoon closes the back seat door as soon as he opens it. Then, he goes around the car and opens the door to the passenger seat, settling there instead. He hears a loud huff from jungkook but doesn't pay him any attention. The driver gives him a curious look but doesn't question anything.

Namjoon can let his husband get away with anything. Anything but this.

After almost fifteen hours of flight and half an hour of the car ride, they reach home. The driver pulls over and takes out both of the trolleys from the trunk. Namjoon waits as jungkook gets out of the car before they say their goodbyes to the driver and thank him for his services.

Jungkook quickly moves out of Namjoon's way and opens the door with his key, not waiting for his husband as he steps inside and rushes straight to their bedroom.

Namjoon makes a face. Now he's getting really frustrated. Just because namjoon likes to baby him doesn't mean he can act like a brat whenever he wants. Namjoon, for the very least, hates childishness. Its one of the few things he can't stand.

When namjoon enters their bedroom, he can't say he didn't expect the scene in front of him but the disappointment that downs upon him isn't any less. Jungkook is already changed and curled up on his side of the bed.

And maybe it isn't serious from a stranger's point of view but namjoon knows. He knows jungkook has always waited for him to join him in the bed. This is the first time in almost two months that the younger has gone to sleep without him. That breaks something inside namjoon.

He drops his trolley and Jungkook's backpack on their bedroom floor and shuts the lights off, closing the door behind himself.

He makes his way to the guest room and takes a quick shower, changing into fresh, comfortable clothes. He sighs a little to himself, feeling absolutely heartbroken over the fact that he and jungkook are acting this way because of something so trivial.

And namjoon knows he could have talked it out. He knows he could have coaxed him to realize why the way he acted was wrong. But he's choosing not to. Because sometimes, people need to realize their own mistakes without someone having to make them realize.

And maybe he's being a little harsh, a little over exaggerating but he doesn't care. Because he's hurt. And if jungkook is stubborn, then namjoon is too.

They're both Virgos after all.