it begins with a tripod

HER

I watched the details of his hair as he tilted his head while examining the sizes of the brush in Madam Hook’s Art Supply. He took two brushes and eyed both.

“I honestly don’t get the use of these.  The only use of art brush in my house is to clean up things, keyboard… my mom’s flower vase…  What’s need of different sizes?”

I took the brushes and place them back to the labeled rack. Size 8 , size 2.  “It’s for the stroke.  You want to make a fine stroke; like drawing an eye, use size 2, if you want to blend the color, use size 8”

He frowned as he took the tripod which I was holding and walked to the counter.  “Is it some sort of rule or something?”

I shrugged “In a way.  But it always depends to your style.  Why you seem so interested in arts?”

“I’m just trying to see the world through your lens.  Everything you see always seems to have some sort of artistic value.”  He said as he casually pay the tripod and grab my hand as we walked out from the shop.  “It’s like you’ve been living in a different world.”

“No, it’s just that I see the world differently.”

We are walking across a garden.  Grey step in front of me and started to walk backwards, the tripod slung on his shoulder.  “That’s pretty amazing you know? To have something different.  I am stuck with stereotype people with stereotype idea, it’s not so fun.”

Somehow his words made me smile. “That’s pretty nice.  You got to live in peace.  Imagine living like a spy.  You have to disguise all the time.  To introduce yourself as someone else.  It’s a sad life.”

“It’s a mysterious life.  And you get to go all around the world.”  He laughed when I grabbed his arm to prevent him from topple to the busy road and drag him to the right direction.

“What if you happen to fall for a girl and you got to leave her at a moment’s notice?”

“I’ll bring her along” he retorted.

“and if she couldn’t live in the world you are leading? The one which you can’t leave behind?”

He stopped short. “I haven’t figure out that one.”

I smiled and shrugged. “I win.”

He turned to face me abruptly. “No you don’t! I just need time to think.”

“it’s critical thinking. You answer the question correctly at the shortest amount of time. You win.”

 He groaned.  I couldn’t help but chuckle. “You might be a tall guy with all the muscle, but you are so cute.”

Grey raised one perfect eyebrow. “Cute? My lady, the word cute does not line up with tall guy and muscle.  It is not masculine.”

I let out a low laugh.  It is so easy with Grey.  So casual.

It was then I looked up to my house for we had arrived to the street I live and stop short.  A familiar man is leaning against my door.  Suddenly I felt like clutching Grey’s jacket and walked at the opposite way.  But no, the man had noticed me and stood straight casually shove his hands into his trousers’ pocket.

“is that your family Luna?” Grey asked as he noticed the man.

I nodded silently and reach out for the tripod.  Grey sensed the change of my mood and decided to let me go.  “Would you like for me to accompany you till your house?”

Slowly I shook my head. “I’m good, thanks for the tripod.”

He nodded.  “if you said so”

Reluctantly I walked away from him towards my house, hoping that the man would evaporate somehow.

HIM

I waited till she is safe inside.  Whoever the man was, she is not happy seeing him.

…………………….^^………………

So, I decided that Luna and Grey to have a little outing.  After a while it seemed like they get a little too casual as new friends, but, when you get to go out with a familiar stranger you will tend to be a little friendly (if not awkward).  Trust me, you should try~