2 // the arrival (calum)

2.) the arrival

CALUM always looked at the bright side of things.

but how was he meant to do that when he was inside a dark cave?

his head throbbed and his ears heard painful ringing. he had large amounts of webs on him and when he realized this, he began to thrash around, a failed attempt to remove the horrid things. he was afraid. but not of his surroundings (which, mind you, is very scary). he was afraid of the spiders on the webs as he had arachnophobia.

'oh my fucking shit! fucking spiders!' he exclaimed as he swatted away the spiders dangling from his hair. he was terrified. so terrified that he nearly forgot where he was.

but when he finally got rid of all the eight-legged arachnid demons, his face paled. he realised that he wasn't home. he wasn't anywhere near home. no, not at all.

there weren't any caves where he lived. the closest one would have been a good three hundred and sixty miles away. so, where in the world was he?

"hello?" he called out, the same way the idiots in horror movies did. he expected someone like freddy krueger to appear and literally slash the life out of him. or maybe jason. or perhaps the murderer from all of those scream movies. or chuckie. maybe even annabelle. that doll wasn't even scary, but it would be if it appeared in this situation.

calum wasn't easily scared, except for when it came to spiders. though now he was so scared he could've pissed in his pants right then and there. he didn't know where he was and all these thoughts of murderers and ghosts and most especially the damned spiders that kept crawling up his legs were getting to him.

where was he and why was this happening?