Chapter 8

We were sat in the La Divine warehouse with Henry the lawyer Benji begged to go visit Oscar and he just finished telling everyone what I previously told them

We were sat in the La Divine warehouse with Henry the lawyer Benji begged to go visit Oscar and he just finished telling everyone what I previously told them. I didn't even blink while he spoke It just made it even more real...the fact that Oscar didn't want to fight for his life.

He was mid speech when I pulled my chair back and everyone turned to me.
"As much as I love sitting here and listen to Henry tell me things I already know. I'm just going to excuse myself and leave." I pointed to the door and Bryson looked at me with a frown on his face.

"Rih come on. Sit down." I gave him a questioning look. I don't understand why I needed to be here when I know what's being said already.

"No, I'm gonna leave. I have nothing to do here so I'll much rather go home to my baby." I replied and Keisha sighed looking between the two of us. I knew Bryson was ready to have a full on argument about this and I was in no mood for it.

"Just let her go Bry." Keisha pressed and with that I walked out of the warehouse to my car making my way home

Home is where the heart is but my heart was split in two. I was living with half a heart in my house. It was my safe haven away from all this chaos but as I drove up to the house I frowned seeing a familiar but figured hi wasn't welcomed leaning on a car right infront of my house. When he saw me he gave me a small salute with a smirk on his face.

I cursed to myself not wanting to deal with this,now or anytime but I knew I couldn't stay in this car forever especially with him being right there.

With one leg following the other I got out of the car slowly walking over to Leonardo who still had the same smirk on his face.

"Robyn, you look...a little bit tired. Are you stressed?" I clenched my jaw at what he said. He knew what I was going through, heck every single person knew what I was going through even these boujee ass people in my neighbourhood. My business, which I like to keep private was put out there like a news report so I don't understand why this man was standing infront of me.

"What are you even doing here?" I questioned. After we told him about not getting revenge on Cuchillos he disappeared like he normally does and he made sure to tell us how that was a 'fucking mistake' before he did.

"Came to see you. Heard Oscar been locked up. Doesn't look good for him does it?" I would've thought he actually cared if I didn't catch on to the sly tone in his voice.

"Yes. It doesn't look good and yes he'll probably die in prison. Why are you here Leonardo? I really don't have time for these little games of yours." I crossed my arms wanting this to be over and done with.

His face went blank and he stood up walking towards me.
"You know there's only one person to blame for this.?" He said and I gave him a bored look.

"You. You're to blame for this. You're the reason Oscar's locked up. The reason your little niña gonna grow up without her father. You're the reason all of this is happening." He taunted and I took a step back afraid of what I was going to do.

"Shut the fuck up because you have no idea what you're talking about!"

"Oh no. I do little Robyn and you know it. Only if you and stubborn little Oscar would've just gotten rid of that woman when you had the chance to but no what you chose to do is move out here thinking your lives would be all rainbows and sunshine. You weren't that dumb to think that Cuchillos of all people would leave you alone,and deep down you knew that but no, you wanted this perfect life but guess what life isn't fucking perfect and now you know with him locked up." I couldn't say anything because he was right. Every single thing he said was true.

I was probably to blame for him getting locked up. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. I wanted to keep her alive and now Oscar was locked up. This was all my fault. I allowed that woman to hurt the people I love even more.

"See that silence? Your brain is starting to register just how fucked up the whole situation is. You could've ended this but instead you let the Prophets kill my son. You let that woman live and now look at you. Single mum trying to raise a daughter on her own barely keeping her sanity." My breath quickened because I wanted to hit something...hard

"Leave." That was the only word that I could say because I couldn't bare him standing infront of me and telling me all these things.

"I will don't worry. But just know you could've saved both boys if you truly wanted to."

And with that he walked to his car,got in and drove away leaving me standing there with a look of defeat on my face.

You could've saved both boys if you truly wanted to

He was right.

I could've saved Chico,I could've helped him and I could've saved Oscar. But I did nothing.

I turned around walking into my house to see Laurice sitting there, once I sat infront of her she put her phone down and looked at me

"Everything okay Rih?" She asked and I nodded my head absentmindedly.

It will be