Chapter 01

There was a time when I despised the dark. It's amusing how things...no..how people change.
The dark and gloomy surroundings gave me a sense of security I need. I don't expect a ray of light in my life at this point. It's fancy. I can't afford another so-called shininess this freaking world live with or maybe pretend to have.
Sighing, I get up from my bed and enter the balcony. Sometimes I wonder how I am even given the privilege of a personal room. My two other sisters share the room together.
The cool breeze mellowed my senses. I love winters possibly because it resembles me... Cold and Distant.
It's not like I was born this way. Heck, I was the most joyous. At this moment, I craved for a person who can bring the lost girl back to life. How ironic of me!
"Ayzel" I ignored the voice. "Your cousins are looking for you"
"I'm not in the mood mom. Tell them I'm not available"
"Stop being so dramatic and get out of your shell for God sake it's been a year Ayzel"
'Yes ma'am! I'll be there in a minute" seriously I don't have the energy to argue with her.
Downstairs all my cousins were sitting in the lounge having the time of their lives.
I took in even the smallest details before entering and then I spot him, Noah. Sitting on the cornered couch along with his wife, Elena.
I felt disgusted. How can they let a man in who left me right there on our marriage for my best friend!!!!! How cruel of them.
Nevertheless, I wore a beautiful smile and greeted all.
"Hey, Ayzel! It's been so long since we last saw you"  Mia grinned
"Hi, how are you all?" I tried to sound as happy as I could.
"We planned something...if you are interested!!" How dare he addressed me! I looked at him emptily.
"Actually, we planned a trip with the club there will be people.." Mia announced. I looked at them sceptically, clearly not sure of their intentions.
"I'm not socially awkward if that's what you guys are implying"
"Noah and Elena would be there too. You don't have a problem! Do you?"  Shery deadpanned. He's the only person I'm comfortable within this whole freaking home and he did not give me a heads up for this shit!!!!!
"Oh my God! it's so incredible. You know it's been ages we all had the privilege to go together on a trip. We can celebrate your wedding anniversary there for sure" I addressed Mr and Ms Noah. Was that too much! Did I go overboard!
They all heaved a sigh and physically relaxed. The hell!!! Do they believe that I'm still not over that tragedy? I'm still not over with the fact that two of my childhood best friends cheated on me?
Oh damnn! They are so wrong... I laughed mentally.
"We will depart on Thursday. You sure you'll come Ayzel? Zoya questioned
" yep definitely" oh dear how much I love a challenge.
I've not spent my sleepless nights gazing into nothing. I worked on myself. I've got to be stronger or else this world would swallow me.
"Wipe that fake smile out of your face Ayzel" Shery muttered.
"Oh shut up" I was mad at him
"You plan on going to the therapist yet?" Why this man can't stay jolly!
"Yep, I'll go tomorrow"
"Want me to come?"
"No, I'll manage" I smiled at him. He nodded his head and get busy with the ongoing shenanigans.
Tomorrow's going to be a long day, I thought to myself.