Chapter 10

Banging the door with a slam I cursed myself
"Why the fuck I lost control"
I should not have kissed her. Now I can't get it out of my head.
Why I keep on giving her mixed signals. She can be in danger because of me.
"I hope you accept the necklace for heaven's sake"
But I know better she wants me but she'll never accept something from me, how ironic! That's just her and her presumptuous mind.

Getting into our self created office I took in my surroundings. Everyone's engrossed in work."Good for them"

"The report! You have 1 hour to get it done" I ordered and enter my cabin
They must be decrying me but mind me I provide them with a fee.
I connect with Skype for the meeting and everyone was already there.
Alliances don't run with a one-man army or do they?
.
.
"There will be no exceptions. There must be none." I growled
"We'll make sure of it Sir. The investigation is still going and we received the review of the scene."
"The smuggling case is down. We are tracking the paths and warehouses. We'll provide you with a positive report soon"
"What's the rate of crime there. Any progress?"
"The police started cooperating but not to the fullest. The threats are working and soon we'll have there back."
.
.
I listened to progress with utter seriousness. Suggesting the headway and further details, the set time came to an end.
I stand and gaze outside the window. I am free, a man of my own belief. But freedom is never what I experienced. I have a duty and an oath to fulfil. The commitment I have with my people is what I must pursue.

Can I afford a personal life? It's a question I ask myself and the answer is anonymous.
I guess my rule of "No relationship" is going to be thoroughly crushed, just because of her.
.
.
"Sir! We are ready for the meeting" I heard Danyal from the door frame
"I'll be there in a minute." I nodded my head signalling him to inaugurate.
.
.
Entering the room I spotted Ryan
"Remind me what are you doing here!"
"It was me who hacked their system and let your man in there" the calmness in his voice ruined my posture.
I glared at Abraham and he knew he's in great trouble.
"Please start."
.
.
"Sir! I have urgent work. I must leave" Ryan looked at me, unsure of my response
"That's what I want. Get lost" I shifted my attention towards the screen ahead.
"Actually, it's not just me" His guts and the smile on his face is what I'm hating at this moment.
"We are done for today" I announced and get back in my cabin. Unlike these three idiots, I have work which demands execution.
.
.
I lost count of time while working on the case. Looking around it's been 3 hours. Shutting the laptop I relaxed.
Closing my eyes I remember her face. Fuck. I'm in this deep. I'm not the person to fight what I feel. But I know how to control my exposure and emotions yet this girl is proving me wrong.
Passing out through the cabins, there's not a single soul present here. "These shirkers"
.
.
"We are in the open kitchen" I read the message received an hour ago.
I headed downstairs towards the public kitchen.

A person can tell from a mile that there are animals invading the space, expecting from the noise and laughs emitting.
.
.
Standing in the doorway I analyze the mess the kitchen presents.
Abraham is sitting on the cornered shelf, eating a chocolate bar. Changing the songs, I think he's the DJ of the ongoing party. Along with commenting on their cooking capacities. What is he? A child!

Ryan has a disgusting look on his face while collecting the eggshells which means there's nothing but wastage of food going in here.

Danyal is mumbling profanities while setting the oven for God knows what.

And there she stands in the middle of this mess looking alike with the floor on her silky curls and smiles being a permanent part of her face.
"Change the song it's cursed" she yelled
"Why! It's so good. Your taste is dry"
"It seems like the girl sang it right after coming out of a horror movie" she rolled her eyes.
Ryan thrashed the bowl away. Irritation evident on his face
"Can you two please stop bickering. it's getting on my head. And im not doing this dirty work here"
"It's you who did it in the first place" they all shouted with unison
"Please it's the third try. And we don't have any ingredient left" she stated as a matter of fact.
"We should have ordered it"
"You guys own this place for God sakes"
"Yeah sadly we do but what's the fun in that"
"And what's the fun in putting your hands in eggs"
.
.
"I was being serious when I asserted that I don't want this building on fire" I said and they all looked at me like deers caught in headlights
"Can you please do me a favour and get them out of here so I can bake a cake in peace"
"Oh, my Heart! You ungrateful girl" they all looked hurt from her newly uttered remark.
"Then please be of some help" she suggested
"Zaviyar brother! Come help me remove the shells out of this bowl!" he batted his eyelashes.
"No, I'm just doing fine here."
.
.
"I think it's not a big deal. It all gets baked after all!" Danyal points out
"Oh, genius! it's all settled then"
Ryan mixed the eggs in the pot she's mixing the material in and she looked at him horrified
"YOU BOTH IDIOTS" she gritted 
"This song sounds good right!" Abraham commented and all three of them glared at him
"Okay! No need to get all hyped up. It's just a song I'll change it." Looking at his phone again he murmured  "Geez these people"