Prologue: A Soldier's Final Moments.

The heavy rain pounded against the war-torn battleground. It seemed like an eternity since the sun's light ever graced this land with its presence. With bloods-soaked hands, my knees could no longer support the rest of my body and under my own weight, gravity took control. As I staggered towards ground, I could see a figure in the distance; long hair and an armour that seemed to shine brighter than any star I have ever seen. I could feel my heart slow and just before my vision faded, she raised her blade. Even beneath these black skies, her sword seemed to twinkle unlike any other metal blessed by the Seven Sisters. In that moment, it appeared like everything had paused for a second. The blade glowed even brighter and doubled in size – as if it was prepared to part the dark clouds itself. She called out, "Soldiers of the dawn! Rally to me!".

On my final breath, I witnessed a kind of light that I have only heard about in folklore. Soldiers, men and women alike, began to slowly rise with a newfound strength, embellished by the shine from this unknown warrior. Battle cries roared throughout the battlefield. Footsteps, owned by my freshly recovered allies, thundered past my weakened body as I laid there. Unfortunately for me, it seemed like I would not be getting a second chance. As I felt the last of my energy beginning to slip away, the sweet memories of my son and I, training in the forest valleys appeared in my head. Before my mind went dark, I smiled to myself.

"Finally", I whispered, "Finally... Dawnbreak has arrived".