{20 1/2}

"Well. Well. Well. Look who we've got here ain't seen you in a month of Sunday's." Mama smirked as I walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning ma." I smiled kissing her cheek.

"Hey babe, how you doin? You hungry?"

"When am I not?" I chuckled taking a seat in one of her kitchen chairs.

"You right about that, I don't see how you can eat up a Sunday meal and still be as skinny as you are." She giggled shaking her head.

"I don't know ma, genetics I guess."

"Mhm, must be yo daddy side of the family cuz you sho ain't get it from yo mama or me." She giggled.

I shook my head walking toward the fridge pouring myself a glass of juice. "Why you so happy this morning?"

"I'm always happy."

"Mhm. But your happier than usual all this giggling and stuff." I asked giving the side eye.

"Braylen!" Aiden smiled running toward me.

"Wasup Aiden." I smiled sliding my hands over his head. "You been wearing the durag like I been tellin you?"

"Yep!" He smiled giving a head nod.

"I see you tied it right gonna have some good waves pretty soon."

"Yep, ima be like you." He smiled sitting on the other chair. "Ima have the girls."

"Aiden breakfast is almost ready, lemme talk to Braylen for a minute you go in the other room and watch tv."

"Yes ma'am." He nodded walking into the other room.

Placing the spatula on the counter she turned leaning against the kitchen counter. "How is she?"

A long sigh escaped my lips as I ran my hand down my face. "She's better."

"Can I ask what happened?"

"This nig- guy she was dating put his hands on her busted her lip punched her in her face and some more sh-stuff."

"My God!" Mama gasped covering her hand with her mouth. "I'm definitely gonna keep her in my prayers."

"Appreciate mama, but she wanted to know if you could keep Aiden a bit longer until her face heals she don't want him seeing her like that."

"Oh of course not I love that little boy since I don't have great grands yet he's the closet thing to it." She said throwing darts with her eyes.

"Ma, please don't start I know where this is going."

Chuckling she raised her hands up in defense. "I'm just saying I want some great grands before I die. Do me a favor and get four plates for me."

"When the time comes It will happen I told you you're gonna live til you're 150 so I'm sure you'll be here to see them. And why do we need four plates?" I asked grabbing them from the cabinet.