{30.}

"He's your father." Ramona spoke her eyes shifting from Braylen to Leo.

"Hold up, the fuck you mean he's my father?" Braylen asked.

"Why didn't you tell me I had a son Ramona?" Leo said calmly but on the inside he was furious.

"Because, you chose the street life over me Jarrell when I found out you had already left town.  I guess you had people after you and you left me. Ramona voice cracked. "You left us." She said looking over at Braylen who avoided eye contact.
"I hadn't seen or heard from you in over twenty years. How was I suppose to stay in contact with you if I knew nothing about your ware a-bouts? You were my first love I was crushed when you left that day when we last hung out my world fell apart. I got pregnant, my father died and I never saw you again."

Pacing across the floor Leo released a long sigh rubbing his hand down his waves in thought, something Braylen does as well when he's in deep thought.

Braylen stormed out of the house passing by everything. Standing to her feet Brandi quickly followed behind him walking out of the house onto the front of the house.

"Braylen?" Brandi softly spoke standing directly in front of him. She remained quiet giving him time to think as she stared at him. "B, I looked up to this man he as a legend in my eyes and he's my fucking father."

"Braylen" Leo called walking out of the house.
Braylen and Brandi both turned their heads seeing him standing across the way.

"I'll let you two talk, baby if you need me I'm right inside." She said sending him a soft smile.

Nodding his head he watched as Brandi walked inside before looking at Leo. Anyone could see that the two were related it were as if the two were staring in a mirror they looked so much alike with similar features.

Neither knew the right words to say as they stayed in silence just looking at one another. For as long as he could remember Braylen always wanted to know about his father, he dreamed of his man not even knowing him now he had the chance to put a face to the name. Jarrell.. Leo.

The man that inspired him, the man that he looked up to, wanted to be like only to find out that he was his unknown father.

"Honestly I dont know what to say, and I'm not about to pretend as if  I do. I know its a lot for you to take in, hell its a lot for me too." He said sliding his hands into his pants pockets.

Braylen kept the same poker face mug seeming as if it didnt bother him but in all reality it did.

Braylen wanted Ramona to change, stand up and take care of her responsibilities and be a mother to him, he wanted the man he never knew to be in his life teach him valuable things like playing basketball, football even how to talk to girls but he had to learn those things on his own.

Just twenty four hours ago his mother was like a stranger and his father was gone like a ghost no where to be found and now he was in the presence of both.

"I think I'm going to go." Leo spoke. "I've already made things worst.

"So you're leaving again like you did the first time? You said you had enemies and thats why you left.. was Ramona your enemy?"

Shaking his head he turned back giving Braylen his full attention. "No, I didnt know about Ramona being pregnant. I was already heavy in the streets. I made enemies like i said, I had people wanting to kill me. I messed around  with Ramona I actually grew feelings for her but I knew my life style wasnt for her. I didn't want anything to happen to her , I cared about her a lot and I wouldn't be able to deal with myself if  something were to happen to her on my watch.

I knew how stubborn and hardheaded she was she would have tried to come anyway thats why I left without saying anything. I didnt leave because of you I never knew about." Staring into his eyes Braylen could read him and see the honesty in his eyes. 

"I'm sorry about everything, I'm sorry I wasn't here to be a father that I'm sure you probably wanted or deserved. I know sorry isn't good enough to change the past  after all these years but I truly am."

A feeling that he hadn't felt in a long time came over him.. hearing those words of apology triggered him after feeling alone and not knowing about a part of him bothered him for years.

Tears filled the bottom of his eyes as he tried his hardest  to hold them back just hearing that he was sorry for not being there when Braylen needed him felt like a weight lifted off of his shoulders he was just happy to finally get to meet the man.

Braylen knew that he couldn't stay mad at Leo, he didnt know anything about him so he couldn't continue to have a hatrid toward him when he thought Leo had known about him after all these years.

Walking toward him Leo gave Braylen a strong manly hug as they dapped pulling Braylen to him leaving Braylen to silently sob on his fathers shoulders.

"Ahem." Braylen cleared his throat after awhile getting himself together. "Sorry about that."  Braylen chuckled embarrassed.

A bright smile spread across Leo's lips. "It's all good son, thugs cry too." Leo stated as he and Braylen laughed a bit. "I won't revoke your thug card..this time." Leo joked.

"But for real, you just don't understand how I've been waiting for this moment, I honestly never thought it would happen. Ive been wanting to know you for years.. its just crazy how the person ive admired since I've been in the game is my dad."

"That's how life works sometimes, something just cant be explained we just gotta let it happen, but I'm glad it did. " Removing  his iPhone from his pocket he placed the phone into Braylen's hand.

"Put your number in, i wanna get to know you."

•••••••

I bet y'all thought I was gone have Braylen act a complete foo huh?

Honestly this chapter was kinda hard for me to write. I didn't know how I wanted him to react or what all I wanted to happen. But I thought I'd do something a bit mellow.

I wanted to show a different side of Braylen, a bit softer side.

Bray finally got to meet his pops. I shoulda put "I's the papi."  😂😂 but anywho I hope you enjoyed this little chapter.

Is there anything you all would like to see more of?

I need ideas y'all so help a sista out please.

Oh one more thing!!!
And I freaking love y'all like these comments! Votes everything y'all fr rock wit me and I appreciate it so much! I'm glad y'all enjoying the story and everything.

I'm already thinking of a few stories I wanna work on after this story is finished.