Prologue

"Kang, Vega, listen up! You'll only shoot if Franz' cover goes off. But still wait for my signal. Got it?"

"Copy!" Kang answered.

"Vega... you okay? Your hands are shaking."

Kang's voice made me go back to my senses. I loosened up a bit and glanced at him.

"I'm fine. Don't mind me. Just focus."

I assured him. My eyes returned to our target and held my rifle firmly. I tried to calm myself.

But I couldn't.

I couldn't stop my body from trembling.

How could he freaking laugh like that... after what he did?! Did he forget about us already?

I wanted to shoot him!

I couldn't calm my nerves because of anger and disappointment.

"Franz! Retreat! Quickly!"

"Sir, they already warned their comrades. Should I go after Franz?"

"No! Don't expose yourself yet."

"Damn. Franz head to the West wing! There are only two!"

"Kang, Vega, I need you to move to the postern and wait for Franz, and Mago. Now!"

I could barely hear what they were saying. Because I was more focused on that old man.

Just how could he do that us?! To her?

To his child?!

"Vega! Let's go!"

Did he even think of us? Atleast once?!

"Vega! Didn't you hear?! Commander told us to go! Let's go!"

Were we even important to him... or was it just money?

I scoffed. Why am I even asking? Of course, it was all his money. That's why he managed to do that... Right?

I was taken aback when I felt someone was gently shaking me.

"Vega, hey! Why are you crying? Are you really fine?!"

I looked at Kang who's already standing beside me. He looked at me with a concern in his eyes. He put his hand on my shoulder and the other was holding his gun.

Just when was the last time I saw that kind of eyes? I couldn't remember...

"W-what? Are we going to shoot now?"

I looked away and quickly wiped my tears with my palm. I positioned myself. I was ready to strike.

I didn't notice I was crying at all.

Tsk. What for?

"Are you okay? And no, we're not going to strike! We have to go down!"

"Vega! Get a hold of yourself! Franz, and Mago need a back up!"

I heard Commander on my earpiece. I also heard my teammates talking like they were in a hurry.

No, I can't just go like this. He can't just go like this.

"Are we just going to let them escape, Sir? We need to execute them!" I protested.

"I am THE Commander, Vega! You do I what I told you to do! Your teammates are more IMPORTANT right now! And we already got something! We can do this again next time!"

I growled. I can't believe this!

"Vega, please let's go down! They need us!" Kang pleaded. I gazed at him and his emotions almost swayed me.

But I held his hand and detached it off my shoulder and turned my back on him. I took my earpiece and threw it on the ground.

"No... no! I need to do something. You can go, Kang! I'll follow you!"

"Shit! Vega! What will you do?!"

He immediately held both of my shoulder and grabbed me. But I was stubborn.

I hit his stomach with my gun.

"Sorry! I'll just going to treat you pizza!" I swore, loudy, as I went back again on my position. My hands were shaking as I placed my finger on the trigger.

I need to do this.

I felt Kang was about to get me again so I swiftly kicked him in his crotch.

"And uhh.. your favorite milktea, too!"

"What the fuck..." He sounded so painful so I shouted 'sorry' twice.

Then I laid my eyes on the scope and locked my target. He was just sitting and smoking. Not giving a damn about the chaos around him.

Ready. I was aiming on his head.

"Vega, don't!"

I pulled the trigger.

Then I sighed as a sign of relief.

Suddenly, Kang appeared beside me. "Fuck... I've never thought you'd ever miss a shot..." He said unbelievably. We're both looking at the target.

Yeah. That's right.

I missed.

Though that was my plan after all.

I wanted to give him a threat. I wanted to scare the hell out of him. I smirked. 

And he's a piece of shit. He's not worth the bullet.

The last moment I had with him, was him running away from that room, before I finally pulled Kang away from the roof. 

And... that was the story of my first mission.