Chapter 11

Chapter 11
Tris' POV:

It's been a day since it happened. The nurses rushed us out after hearing his heart monitor go flat. Tobias and I were scared and confused, so I sat there crying, while he held me. He was still clinging on to hope.

10 minutes later, a short, skinny nurse with brunette hair came through the double doors with Trace in her hands.

"Is he ok?!?" Tobias asks, surprised.

"I'm so sorry. We tried everything we could. Would you like to hold him one last time?" That's when both Tobias and I lost it. Me more than him. But, he didn't really lose it until we got home, away from everybody.

He sat on the edge of the couch with his face in his hands, crying softly.

He tenses up suddenly, as if he realizes something. Then sobs wrack his body.

"Tobias," I sniffle.

"It was me!" He says to himself. "I killed him!"

"Tobias, you did not kill him! If it was anyone, it was me!" I start crying once more.

"I'm just like him!" He tells me. "Tris, you need to stay away from me. I'm just like him. I killed my baby." He sobs yet again.

I sigh and walk towards the couch to sit next to him. He sees me, and gets up in a split second.

"Stay away Tris! I don't want to hurt you. I'm just like him!" He keeps repeating that last sentence over and over.

He walks quickly to our bedroom, and locks himself in.

"Tobias!" I beat on the door. "Please let me in!"

"I'll- I'll hurt you Tris. You can't come in." He replies weakly.

"Tobias, the fact that you're worried about hurting me shows me that you won't. You're nothing like him." I reassure him.

"I'm sorry. I can't take any chances." He chokes on his words and starts crying yet again.

This makes me cry.

"Tobias, you're not the only one that's lost a child! He was my son too!" The fact that I said was sends me through another crying fit. "I want to help you, and comfort you Tobias. But, I need help too!"

I storm off away from our bedroom. How can he be like this? I have no problem being strong for him right now, but he won't even give me the chance.

A knock on the door surprises me, and I open it carefully.

It's Christina. She still has her belly. Tears well up in my eyes.

"Tris? What's wrong? Where's your--" She points to my stomach and her eyes widen with realization. "Tris did you have a miscarriage?!?"

I shake my head. If I speak now, I'll start crying again.

"What happened?" She takes me into her arms, her bump separating us a bit. I clutch onto her for comfort.

"He came early, and--and he... He didn't make it." I cry.

"Oh my God." She states, probably crying as well.

She walks in, still hugging me, and sits on the couch, pulling me with her.

"Where's Four?"

"He locked himself in the bedroom." I state, still crying.

"Why?"

"Well.... Trace," Saying the name makes me cry harder, "Trace died while Four was holding him. Now he thinks he's some kind of monster. He won't let me near him."