Bullies and the Bullied

In a dimly light arena type room, Jaune stands huffed out as Cardin Winchester stands a few feet away from him, his large blade mace in his hand and resting on his shoulder, feeling completely fine. Cardin laughs a little as Jaune begins to run at him starting a strike, but Cardin just moves out of the way and begins his own swing as Jaune turns around. Cardin's mace comes crashing into Jaunes armour plated chest and he's sent flying across the floor rolling back onto his feet as he stops, still trying to regain his breath.

He charges at Cardin again and swings down his sword at him for it to clash with the long handle of Cardin's weapon causing both to lock in place, Jaune trying significantly harder to gain the edge. Cardin moves up in the clack and stares Jaune directly in the eyes, "This is the part where you lose."

Over my dead bo-!" Jaune is interrupted by a knee in the stomach causing his to grunt in pain and his sword to fall to the ground with Jaune. As he lays on his back Cardin lifts his mace up to end it, but a buzzer goes off and the lights come on, Miss Goodwitch comes out, "Cardin. That's enough." Goodwitch walks out on the arena they were in and Cardin backs away from Jaune, "Students, as you can see. Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped into the red zone." She gestures to a large screen above her where it shown Jaune's aura in the red, while Cardin's is perfectly fine, "In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match." Pyrrha looks at Jaune sad, "Mr. Arc it's been weeks now, please try to refer to your scroll during combat." Jaune pulls out his scroll to see a gauge on his and his teams aura's, "Gauging your aura will help you to decide when it is appropriate to attack, or switch onto the defensive. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, would we?"

Cardin places his mace on his back walking off the arena, "Speak for yourself..."

Goodwitch looks on at the audience, "Remember students, the Vytal festival is only a few months away. It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing!" Team RWBY shake excitedly with EMRC and Nora while Ren is static as always and Pyrrha is still looking at Jaune, "Those who chose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing ALL of Vale."

The bell goes of signalling the end of class and people start to clear out, Pyrrha still looking sadly at a down Jaune.

In the lunch hall, Nora is telling a story while Phillip, Yang, and Jack listen intently, "So... there we were... in the middle of the night."

Ren pipes up, "It was day..."

"We were surrounded by Ursa..."

"They were Beowolf's..."

Nora jumps up excitedly, "DOZENS OF THEM!"

"...Two of them..."

Nora continues telling her story while Weiss sharpens her nails, Jaune plays with his food with an unhappy look, Ruby looking at him worried along with Pyrrha, Blake reading a book with Diana, and Ellis playing on his scroll next to Weiss and Jack, "But they were no match! And in the end... Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!" she puts her hands on her sides triumphantly.

Ren sighs looking at Yang and jack across the table, "She's been having this recurring dream now for almost a month..."

Phillip looks at her exited, "That was so cool!"

He holds out a hand and she high-fives it saying, "Thank you Phillip! At least someone appreciates my story's, Renny!" He just sighs again returning to his food.

Pyrrha shakes Jaunes shoulder asking, "Jaune, are you okay?"

Jaune breaks out of his thoughts looking at her, "Uh... oh, yeah! Why?"