6, The Ether

Jessica's Mind, The Ether, Night?

Jessica opened her eyes; did she open her eyes? All Jessica could see was darkness, but when she raised her arms, she could see them. Where they always this pale?

Jessica tried to stand up, but there was no ground beneath her, where was she?

Hello! Where am I?

Jessica tried to open her mouth to yell into the darkness, but she couldn't speak. The silence weighed in on her, Jessica felt like her heart should be racing, but she couldn't feel anything. She couldn't even breath.

Jessica tried to remember how long she had been here. How did she get to be in this place? She tried to trace her steps. It was... night? It was dark and she was working at this antique shop. Why couldn't she remember the name? Wasn't it... Char- Charlie's antiques? No, that wasn't right. Why couldn't Jessica remember?

She was talking with her brother on the phone at one point. What were they talking about again? Her book! Jessica had a book! Why did she forget that? Why is she forgetting everything?

Jessica looked back at her arms; they were... blurry? Her body seemed to be dissolving into the blackness, or, no, darkness? Void?

Jessica tried desperately to remember her book's plot, her family, her life. There were holes in her memory, and they were growing. No, they weren't holes, Jessica's memories were being wrenched from her mind. Jessica was now more darkness than herself.

Chris!

Jessica was no more.